Deafness can't subdue a remarkable life

What is with you all hearing people who are uncomfortable with sign language and just push us going all the way through oral only environment whether at school and home? You can not imagine how we Deafies and also Hard of Hearing people have to go through hell trying to learn how to speak and lipread without sign language which should be our first language. I don't know for the life of me why hearing people thinks that we can manage to read lips and understand what people say. We just can not hear, for God's sake. Many of us, Deafies, had tried for many years to reason with the hearing society that we will always be deaf and need to use visual for ASL, period. Trying to lipread and talk in a funny voice is not what we want. Why are we being soo nice about being goody that we can use oral and lipread when everything just fall through on difficult time to understand. If you are not comfortable about her deafness and her sign language, then it is too bad, because you don't realize what deafness is like. Geez. :mad:

What is with you all hearing people who are uncomfortable with sign language and just push us going all the way through oral only environment whether at school and home? You can not imagine how we Deafies and also Hard of Hearing people have to go through hell trying to learn how to speak and lipread without sign language which should be our first language. I don't know for the life of me why hearing people thinks that we can manage to read lips and understand what people say. We just can not hear, for God's sake. Many of us, Deafies, had tried for many years to reason with the hearing society that we will always be deaf and need to use visual for ASL, period. Trying to lipread and talk in a funny voice is not what we want. Why are we being soo nice about being goody that we can use oral and lipread when everything just fall through on difficult time to understand. If you are not comfortable about her deafness and her sign language, then it is too bad, because you don't realize what deafness is like. Geez. :mad:

I think mostly these posters in particular just want to sell us their products.

They are businessmen.

They are businessmen.

Yep. Notice he hasn't been back? Got his advertisement in, and despite stating that he would answer some questions later, never reappeared. Wonder if he has a daughter?

I AGREE!!!

Sign language to these parents is viewed as something not valuable. Really sad.

They are businessmen.

If so, then they are immoral coming in here making up stories to sell their products. Ugh!

Now, now. Be good little deafies and cooperate.

The audists just want us to act normal (and many times it is just an act I put on). They don't want to have to watch us wave our pathetic hands at each other.

Yeah, someone's pathectic, and I don't think it's us.

Now, now. Be good little deafies and cooperate.

The audists just want us to act normal (and many times it is just an act I put on). They don't want to have to watch us wave our pathetic hands at each other.

Yeah, someone's pathectic, and I don't think it's us.

I am so sorry! I will behave like a good little deafie who is in need of help from the hearies. :giggle:

Chase, I am not going to be sorry, but I will try to behave even if I want to speak my mind about what I think of audist hearies. It just make me sick to my stomach trying to get us to go their way without ASL or any sign language that really helps us to use our first sign language before we can learn how to speak. As for lipreading, that is another story. I am going to go like this :nana:.

Chase, I am not going to be sorry, but I will try to behave even if I want to speak my mind about what I think of audist hearies. It just make me sick to my stomach trying to get us to go their way without ASL or any sign language that really helps us to use our first sign language before we can learn how to speak. As for lipreading, that is another story. I am going to go like this :nana:.

I will be with u all the way!

I was being sarcastic.

I agree with u..I am sick and sick of the audists' attitudes against ASL/sign language (SEE or PSE).

I will NEVER EVER understand why they wont meet halfway. Like many of us Deafies understand the need and value of having oral skills but sign language is a godsend to many of us and those audists refuse to see if from our viewpoints. That is what royally pisses me off.

I will be with u all the way!

I was being sarcastic.

I agree with u..I am sick and sick of the audists' attitudes against ASL/sign language (SEE or PSE).

I will NEVER EVER understand why they wont meet halfway. Like many of us Deafies understand the need and value of having oral skills but sign language is a godsend to many of us and those audists refuse to see if from our viewpoints. That is what royally pisses me off.

:ty: and it is good be Deaf and proud of it. I am not ashamed of it and not embarrass to use ASL in public. My son was embarrass to use ASL in public, even hearing people are making fun of us using ASL in public. :ugh:

:ty: and it is good be Deaf and proud of it. I am not ashamed of it and not embarrass to use ASL in public. My son was embarrass to use ASL in public, even hearing people are making fun of us using ASL in public. :ugh:

Yea, I took my daughter with me to take the dog for a walk and I was signing to her. I guess some hearing teenagers made obnoxious remarks about it cuz my daughter had tears in her eyes. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that thsoe kids called us "Deaf and dumb".

That's why we need to do away with the audists attitudes from the professionals in the medical field and oral deaf education field cuz the general public gets the misconception that sign language is for people who are dumb.

I wasn't embarrassed that the entire block heard my mother's Deaf voice shouting at me. I wasn't embarrassed when the local football team was competing on the television and the entire neighborhood knew. My mother's laughter is loud and most unique.

I would be VERY embarrassed if she'd shown up at school in a robe, rollers, and bunny slippers. That was her chip and I'd never let her exercise it!

:laugh2:

Good for you Bebonang!

Yea, I took my daughter with me to take the dog for a walk and I was signing to her. I guess some hearing teenagers made obnoxious remarks about it cuz my daughter had tears in her eyes. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that thsoe kids called us "Deaf and dumb".

That's why we need to do away with the audists attitudes from the professionals in the medical field and oral deaf education field cuz the general public gets the misconception that sign language is for people who are dumb.

Wow! I am so sorry that your daughter had to experience that kind of ignorance.

I wasn't embarrassed that the entire block heard my mother's Deaf voice shouting at me. I wasn't embarrassed when the local football team was competing on the television and the entire neighborhood knew. My mother's laughter is loud and most unique.

I would be VERY embarrassed if she'd shown up at school in a robe, rollers, and bunny slippers. That was her chip and I'd never let her exercise it![/QUOTE]

Good to know someone else held that threat over their child's head!:giggle:

Wow! I am so sorry that your daughter had to experience that kind of ignorance.

Yes, I am sorry that she had to experience that and it makes me want to rally against the audists even more.

Back