DeafNation Expo New York -- Sat Sept 24 Queens NY

VRS, but I got a new job working for another company that also caters to deaf customers. Not VRS related this time, thank god. Don't want to mention the name on here... I don't want creepy stalkers going after me.

VRS, but I got a new job working for another company that also caters to deaf customers. Not VRS related this time, thank god. Don't want to mention the name on here... I don't want creepy stalkers going after me.

Fair enough; hope your company does well, then.

Jazzberry. That sounds like a great idea there are a lot of us who live in the city.
We should. Get together this fall.

Also there's a "rumor" that about 6000 people signed up for the free admission already. It's just a "rumor." You know how the deaf community is...

wow.... I thought it's around 3,000. I doubt it will be 6,000 but more like steady 3,000-range with different people coming in and out at any given time.

I went to Deaf Nation at Queens College gym...my god.. that gym is very hot as a sauna. No AC!! I was informed that when Deaf Nation and Queens College had some agreement to reserve the gym for the Deaf Expo..well, usage of AC which Deaf nation declined...the cost? $20,000. No kidding.

I left early because of that condition. Yeah, I saw Jiro!! :wave:

Anyone had seen new Sorenson nTouch VP (not VP 300) on booth here??? or nothing??

I agree. It was too hot. I couldn't stand it. I swear I was getting sick of heat exhaustion by the end of the day and they kept running out of water.

I didn't get to fully see Sorenson since I was working, so I don't know... Maybe?

Why didn't they put the regular fans by the entrance doors or exit doors?

They very well may have done this but for a place like that with huge volumes of air/space.....kinda hard to move that air....

Wirelessly posted

They had fans. It wasn't enough at all. I had a high powered fan about 15 feet from me and I couldn't feel it at all.

I got an answer from the owner and founder of DN regarding to QC's issues.

I realized that $20,000 for usage of AC is a pure fabrication (don't point at me because someone mentioned it, not me).

His answer was,

"Hi

I was upset that Queens College didn't have AC. I just learned about it last Friday night. I filed complaints against them. thanks

Cheers!
Joel Barish"

Wirelessly posted

They had fans. It wasn't enough at all. I had a high powered fan about 15 feet from me and I couldn't feel it at all.

I sat on the floor near the fan closest to the exit door. I agreed that it was not enough either. I had to get out to get a fresh air.

Anyone had seen new Sorenson nTouch VP (not VP 300) on booth here??? or nothing??

All I see is ntouch PC and mobile commericals on HDTVs for now. All I know is new Sorenson nTouch is on beta testing and it may not be released yet.

I refused to come there because I can not stand my former manager and his minions there. :aw:

OMG! I was there on Saturday. It was so hot and I sweat so much, the color of my tee-shirt changed. I was crowded and so hot, I wasn't able to stay long. I did see a few people I thought I knew (I didn't :giggle:), brought some holiday cards and found out about an ASL week next summer. I wanted to stay and watch some of the lectures, but it was just too damn hot!

Oh and a bottle of water was $2.00.

Back