Deafhood? No thanks.

Like certain people around here.

It's not easy to be positive about something when someone is negative to it. This goes with anything.

damn, i dont know how Deafhood began and the aslproject.wordpress.com is indeed angry and bitter - so set in their own ways thinking that they are authorities that must have the final say. Nope. They are bashing terps and that's lame.

I think republicans and democrats seem negative and angry too btw, she mention there are MANY great terps.

Well actually, the site they left, that A mentions, they thought it was invaded with people who are too "hearing minded."

Sometimes I think Deafread is too hearing minded and I'm a CI. No one would ever call me deaf militant - whatever that is.

Sometimes I think Deafread is too hearing minded and I'm a CI. No one would ever call me deaf militant - whatever that is.

But isn't every deaf-hoh perspective worthwhile? Don't they have a right to share their thoughts and feelings via blogs? Isn't Deafread for all deaf-hoh people? Or is it just for those who call theselves Deaf?

Wirelessly posted

faire_jour said:
deafskeptic said:

But isn't every deaf-hoh perspective worthwhile? Don't they have a right to share their thoughts and feelings via blogs? Isn't Deafread for all deaf-hoh people? Or is it just for those who call theselves Deaf?
Well, to be honest, by bycotting DeafRead, the Deaf community under-represented themselves. They have every rights to demand protection from what they see as audism, but, at the same time, boycotts don't really work when you're a minority within a minority.

Last edited:

Too many of the blogs seem to be more focused on the hearing world. I don't think Alldeaf is too centered on the hearing world. And it's also for for all kinds of deaf people.

Yes, it is for anybody who have an interest on hearing loss issues or have a hearing loss themselves. Nothing in Deafread says that it's reserved only for Deaf people.

Tayler wrote:

An aggregator simply gathers posts; it does not mean we support or reject the content within each post. We don't censor blogs based on the bloggers' opinions. We publish everything as long as it is deaf-related and satisfies the guidelines.
Deaf Blogs and Vlogs - DeafRead

Guidelines:
Deaf Blogs and Vlogs - DeafRead

People got pissy when DR allowed blogs that talked about cochlear implants. That's pretty much the gist of it as far as I could tell.

Too many of the blogs seem to be more focused on the hearing world. I don't think Alldeaf is too centered on the hearing world. And it's also for for all kinds of deaf people.

I noticed the same. The great thing with AD is that the cochlear eggheads stay in their own forums, so their ranting don't appear on the front page.

I don't use deafread anymore, too much dull stuff about cochlears. It's other better places out there now. Perhaps deafread should make a own section about cochlears, like on AD.

and dull stuffs about speech progress as well. I went through speech therapy once, don't need to read about it over and over again . Too boring for me. So deafread is not interesting to me anymore because most of it seem to be about that.

I noticed the same. The great thing with AD is that the cochlear eggheads stay in their own forums, so their ranting don't appear on the front page.

I don't use deafread anymore, too much dull stuff about cochlears. It's other better places out there now. Perhaps deafread should make a own section about cochlears, like on AD.

They sorta did...

So, in reality it's All Deaf and not all deaf people? That same line of thought can be applied to DeafRead as well.

Sure. They are free to want that. Just as those who are free not to have to do anything with "deafhood."

So, if you disagree with their motives and intents, ignore the group. You have a choice not to join. Frankly, you are just mirroring their actions by starting a thread here to discuss the whys and wherefores of the groups intentions.

Gossip much?

So, if you disagree with their motives and intents, ignore the group. You have a choice not to join. Frankly, you are just mirroring their actions by starting a thread here to discuss the whys and wherefores of the groups intentions.

Gossip much?

Troll much :lol:

Back