Deaf student files complaint against Sonny's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opheliaspeaks well if that is the case then why bother asking the third question if the person says they are disabled and its a service animal. How do we know someone isnt lieing just to have there animal with them.

i wonder if u could ride a service horse in a place??? lol now theres a topic!

This has actually been done. Many visually impaired individuals opt for a "seeing eye horse" instead of a guide dog. There are advantages to using a horse, but the ADA will soon be altered to exclude any service animal that is not a dog from public access. There is actually a woman in TX who rides a full-sized horse around as her "guide horse". Rumor in the service animal community is that the woman has been cited for abuse. She also claims to suffer from severe mobility issues and trouble with her bones, but seems to have no problems swinging herself on and off a horse.

Here's the video. In my opinion, people like her take the ADA waaaaay too far.
Seeing-Eye Horse Controversy

ohhh no u didnt...lol ( i need that smiley where the finger flys up across the face..lol)

say what you want...

you said that and much worse...sick sick sick...and now u signed up here to say what ever else you could to make the family look bad. You picked on the kids ..and etc...its all online maam..all what u said..

just stop...

u were not in the place the night it happened, you are not part of the restaurant, or the Deaf community ...so whats your problem?? You are so mad that this girl stood up for her rights that u continue to rage after 5 days of it first coming out in the paper??? You dont have a clue what it is to be Deaf...u say u learned some sign?? wowwwww...that must make you core Deaf community right???? That must make you the expert on ADA and on service animals...rightttttt.

anyhow, im goin to bed, some of us have careers!! nows your chance to post some more and rally some support after 5 days!!!!!lol

Opheliaspeaks well if that is the case then why bother asking the third question if the person says they are disabled and its a service animal. How do we know someone isnt lieing just to have there animal with them.

You don't, which is a huge problem for legit teams and access. Typically, if the handler and service animal are able and willing to answer all three questions, they are a legit team. The task-question is typically what throws people off. Many "fakers" are not aware that this question is legal and can be asked. A dog that "helps me feel better" is NOT a service dog.

I hear and understand what you are saying but what if it is someone who does not need a service animal and knows the questions and answers them right off the bat, I am talking about people who abuse or break the law for there own benifit. We all know there are alot of dishonest people out there that would do anything to benifit themself. See its hard to know who is being honest and who is lieing.

I hear and understand what you are saying but what if it is someone who does not need a service animal and knows the questions and answers them right off the bat, I am talking about people who abuse or break the law for there own benifit. We all know there are alot of dishonest people out there that would do anything to benifit themself. See its hard to know who is being honest and who is lieing.

Yes, you're right. And misrepresenting a service animal as such when it is not can result in fines and jail time. It would be for the courts to decide whether or not a person is truly disabled and whether or not the animal is actually a service animal. However, what most businesses do not know is that they CAN kick out a service animal for barking, being disruptive, or otherwise causing a disturbance (growling, barking, lunging, etc). The animal must be under the control of the handler at ALL times.

Sorry just leave it to me to push this. Ok a business has the right to kick someone out if the service animal is barking, being disruptive, or otherwise causing a disturbance (growling, barking, lunging, etc) but then who is to say if that happens someone doesn't try to sue and say that never happened. No matter how you look at it, it seems like there is a no win and also it makes it harder on the honest people who need and depend on service animals.

Sorry just leave it to me to push this. Ok a business has the right to kick someone out if the service animal is barking, being disruptive, or otherwise causing a disturbance (growling, barking, lunging, etc) but then who is to say if that happens someone doesn't try to sue and say that never happened. No matter how you look at it, it seems like there is a no win and also it makes it harder on the honest people who need and depend on service animals.

You're absolutely right. It makes it very hard. The truth is, a task-trained service animal is not going to exhibit any of those behaviors in a public place. Sure someone could try to sue - people are "sue-crazy" these days, but there would most certainly be witnesses. Especially if the dog was creating an uproar.

You claim to be an adult with children, yeah right.

I will say what I want, thank you.

No honey your words were worse and non stop, I see you still have to go on with comments, and nastiness.

I am sure you were not there either that night. I never said I was there nor did I say I worked at Sonnys. If I am not mistaken you said anyone who worked there are losers. Again did I ever say I was part of the deaf community, no I did not. Lets see what my problem is, well I have no problem but I see you have one.

I am not mad that she stood up for her rights if in fact they were violated, just cause she, her family and you does not make it true, and no I made my first comment the day after it came out in the paper. What is it you and this deaf issue, you must have it out for hearing people, here you go again with saying I have no clue what it is like to be deaf. Yeah I learned sign cause of my friends and then the jobs I worked, I enjoyed learning sign and plus when deaf customers came into a business they had someone who could sign instead of having to write everything down, or are hearing people not intitled to know sign. You are really a angry and bitter child, you have this big issue with the deaf community and think no ones understands or cares, or you think hearing people are experts and know everything about deaf people.

get over your anger and hate thinking everyone is out to get deaf people, think we know all about the deaf communtiy and people. Maybe you would think it was best if hearing didn't know sign then we would not be able to communicate with you and let you write everything down or pretend we cant read so you never get any service or help.

And to think that I was one that said sign language should be the mandaroty second language and not spanish, since one this is america and second deaf people didnt ask to be born deaf, plus the fact that Florida has FSDB.

So I am guessing you are now an expert on the ADA laws and service laws, you didn't know anything untill you came on here and read what people posted and links from teh ADA site. You even admitted you learned something new.

Now that this night is over I am done with you, so feel free to make any and all comments you want, you can talk and argue with yourself from now on.

Its obvious what your career is.:hmm:

Last edited:
Do you think that since times are changing and people aren't honest that the ADA will end up having to give out permits and id cards so that there wont be problems and people trying to abuse the system.

Mod note:

Time to lock up this thread. :locked:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back