Deaf student files complaint against Sonny's

Status
Not open for further replies.
mushbean. leave the family alone. you are not Deaf, you are trying to generate support for the restaurant. You have been bashing the family online for 5 days now, your issue is with them, not with the service animal. the dog was on a leash...they showed the id card...

Sorry to inform you no one is harassing or bashing the family, and I never said I was deaf. I am not trying to generate support for the restraunt they already have it. Go back and re-read the article they the family said the dog has a leash but she was carried, also it says she says has has an id card, it never said she showed it. You can not go back and change your story. You or they cant have it both ways. From reading others posts on this site other people have quesstions and concerns about the claim.

Last edited:
mushbean. leave the family alone. you are not Deaf, you are trying to generate support for the restaurant. You have been bashing the family online for 5 days now, your issue is with them, not with the service animal. the dog was on a leash...they showed the id card...

The girl was "carrying" the dog...it was not on a leash...did not have a vest...was not trained....The dog was simply a PET......Small dogs this size usually are carried, they are easily stepped-upon, being so small.....

IMO....the dog was a pet...not a Special Needs Dog....should not have been "carried" into the restaurant to start with. I don't blame Sonny's...not 1 iota for refusing to let this dog into the restaurant....

As for the lawyer who took this case (here in Jacksonville)...I hope it's pro-bono!....He's notorious but that's all I'm gonna say about him.

Im not exactly sure what the big deal here is. Sonnys was wrong for not letting the dog in the restaurant. The dog is trained and is an assistance dog to the kid. The family had an id card. There is no legal card in the state of FL. Heres a quote straight from Dogs for the Deaf: We Are Dogs for the Deaf - We Train Hearing Service Dogs for Deaf or Hard of Hearing People and you can see they are all small dogs being carried.
"Many people are curious about what Hearing Dogs can do for people who are hard of hearing or deaf when they're in public. The most important thing a Hearing Dog provides a person in public is an increased awareness of his or her environment. A Hearing Dog isn't specifically trained to alert to sounds, such as a siren or honking horn, in public. But when a person who is hard of hearing or deaf takes his or her Hearing Dog into public, he or she will gain an awareness of the environment by paying attention to whatever the Hearing Dog is reacting to. When the dog turns to look at something it hears, the person will notice and turn to see what's happening as well."

I am not writing on this topic anymore bc mushbean is just trying to gain support on the topic. Mushbean tried to rally ppl to go to the kids school to harass the kid!!! sicko...:wave:

First Florida has a leash law even by the statement the girl and family gave Foxy has a leash but the girl carries her. Also a service animal is to be on the floor next to or near the owner so since the dog was not on a leash were was it suspose to sit on the table, seat or lap, if so then that is a pet. As for being trained the family also said it was bread as low key nothing about being a trained service dog, unless they just had it trained.

As for trying to gain support I don't need to do that it already has support by deaf and hearing.

As for trying to rally people up to goto the kids school and harass anyone is not true and you know it, if it is true where is the proof as in you claimed I was on school grounds. Slander is a terrible thing and people get sued for that. I guess its ok when people like you want to slander others, make untruths to make yourself fell better.

By ADA law and requirements a business can ask what task a service animal preforms.

So the girl claimed and I quote "I feel safer with a dog," her daughter signed. "She can warn me if other people are behind me. If we're in a vehicle, and there are horns blowing.

"If I'm walking on the road, and there are people behind me, she'll alert me to it."

How does that apply to being in a restraunt, you are in a restraunt people are seated in front, side and behind you, what is there to fear in a restraunt?

The slander you said is in the local newspaper comment section, under your name. mushbean, with the same story you are saying here. You asked the ppl to go to the school and harrass the kid, and to the parents work.You called the whole family pigs and such...and then some of the other commenters saw your pic on a match site and saw that you are fat yourself and on and on the posts went. Anyone can go see that mess for themselves. You copied and pasted the childs sports pic on craigslist and made ref to it in the paper...You have every right to have your opinion on this or Michael Jackson, lesbians, or what ever you would like, there are lots of cases exactly like this one going on in the world right now. I am Deaf and proud of it, you said here that we feel sorry for ourselves, I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF. :ty: You are not Deaf or no anyone that is, you said that in your comments for the paper online, so why are you here? ANS: to try to get Deaf ppl to support the restaurant when they were clearly violated the kids rights!

Heres a quote straight from Dogs for the Deaf: We Are Dogs for the Deaf - We Train Hearing Service Dogs for Deaf or Hard of Hearing People and you can see they are all small dogs being carried.
"Many people are curious about what Hearing Dogs can do for people who are hard of hearing or deaf when they're in public. The most important thing a Hearing Dog provides a person in public is an increased awareness of his or her environment. A Hearing Dog isn't specifically trained to alert to sounds, such as a siren or honking horn, in public. But when a person who is hard of hearing or deaf takes his or her Hearing Dog into public, he or she will gain an awareness of the environment by paying attention to whatever the Hearing Dog is reacting to. When the dog turns to look at something it hears, the person will notice and turn to see what's happening as well."

For someone who said they would not come back or make anymore commets, I see how fast you came back.

What I said and you need to learn to read is since the family posted on craigslist and said people need to call and boycott Sonnys, I said maybe then everyone needs to call and boycott the mothers job and the girls school. Why disrupt a business with harassment, to make them lose customers and money. So is it ok for them to ruin someone cause they are upset.

I see you handicap is not understanding. I said what is the dog susposed to gaurd the food and said piggy 1 time. You claim other comments but you don't know what it is. As for having a personal on a website with a pic nice try, I do not put personal info or pics of myself online. Oh and I did a google search of mushbean and there are a few of them. I never said I was deaf, you keep saying that and you have no idea who I know that is deaf. To give you a lesson I went to school with several deaf people and made friends with then, and cause I made friends with them I took a class at FSDB, so I know sign language but I am sure you will call me a liar on that one also.

I see the lies you tell seems like truth to you. No one posted pics of the family on craigslist. I said as its posted in the record on March 14 you can see the family at a tree funcation and the dog is not with them. Other then you not understanding where are you getthing this Michael Jackson, lesbian and other crap from. I never said you feel sorry for yourself I said its people like you that was us to feel sorry for you. By he way I can be on this site or does it say deaf people only no hearing allowed.

I don't need to get other deaf people to support Sonnys they already do

I am seeing you only see and read what you want to hear, but when other deaf people speak up and question the girl and her family you ignore it. I also see its ok when you claim to know me and my name and post info and also all the nasty and disgusting things. I guess its ok for you to say what you feel especially when you are wrong. You claim the girls rights were violated, what cause she said so makes it true.

Seek some healp and stop lieing.

Last edited:
Yes, a business can ask what tasks a service animal can be trained to perform. A business may ask the following:

1. Are you disabled?
2. Is that a service animal?
3. What tasks has the animal been trained to perform?

If the state law and federal law conflict, the law that offers the GREATEST protection supersedes. Federal law does not mandate a vest or other ID card/equipment be shown. Vests help to discourage access issues, but are not necessary under the federal law. If the state requires a vest be worn or an ID tag be presented, and the individual does not have one, access is STILL granted because federal law would supersede.

We don't know the facts surrounding this case. The dog may have been leashed, but she was holding it at the time. Also, it is not uncommon for lawyers to refuse to take public access cases surrounding service animals. The laws are written to protect the disabled individual. Access to the service animal is NEVER guaranteed. Access to the human IS. A person with a disability cannot be denied access because they are accompanied by a service animal, but the animal itself has no access rights. The laws surrounding service animals are very vague in some cases and often case law is all there is to go by if a case goes to court. The case is not easy to win. Eventually, what it boils down to is proving whether or not the person with the animal is disabled and whether or not the animal fits the definition of service animal.

deafsara post a few lines up and I quote "I am not writing on this topic anymore bc mushbean is just trying to gain support on the topic" well please keep on, you are just proving me and others right.

All this comes down to is the girl her family and friends words, and we know family, and friends will stick together. Just cause they say it's does, does not make it true.

Im glad you admit mushbean that you have been bashing the family and posting everything you can google about them. sick. How was calling them "nasty fat porkers in need of money..." pertaining to the case???? seek some help. leave this family alone.

The girl is completley Deaf. So, disabled (under ADA req). And pls anyone go look at the site dogs for the deaf. org that way you can read for yourself that there are very small dogs for this sort of issues, to hold them..i doubted it myself...but its true.

sigh...so frustrated with ppl against Deaf ppl and what they need to help them...good thing it wasnt a service horse she had with her...:ty:

Opheliaspeaks so if a restraunt asks what task does the service animal preform and its not a task that is necessary for the service animal to be in the restraunt then what?

i wonder if u could ride a service horse in a place??? lol now theres a topic!

LMAO I see I am dealing with someone who can't read and comprehend, if it makes you feel better to say I bashed the family and called then porkers especially when I did not say porkers.

You want to accuse me of such nastiness but its ok for you to say what you have said and done, to think its ok and keep on. Sorry child you will learn one day it does not work like that.

No one cares that the girl is completly deaf and you assume hearing people are against deaf people. When is school back in, I see you have to much time to waste. I feel sorry for you cause someone isn't taking the time to teach you right from wrong.

Before you want to start in with someone and tell them how wrong they are, you better step back and watch what you say. I think everyone on this forum and the record forum can read and knows excaclty what was said, but then you cant and wont admity you are wrong.

Opheliaspeaks so if a restraunt asks what task does the service animal preform and its not a task that is necessary for the service animal to be in the restraunt then what?

It is not the restaurant owner to determine whether or not the dog's trained task is "necessary". If the person is disable, the animal is individually task-trained to mitigate this disability and the animal meets the legal definition of service animal, the conversation is over.

deafsara until you have something sensable to say then I am done with you. So feel free with the name calling, lies and whatever else you feel like. You are just making a bigger fool of yourself, and everyone sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back