Deaf single fathers, how do you like being dad?!

Snowavalanche

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Even though I am a female but I don't know if there are deaf single fathers out there raising their own kids today. I have been a single parent for 23 years. No kidding really! I choose that route because their fathers chosen not to care. Although, it's pretty common to see single mothers out there, I like to hear your feelings about your kids. How do you feel about being a single dad? I know it's hard work but like you, I am no different. I love my 2 hearing kids and they respect my deaf culture, shape or form. That is more than I wish for and I am more than grateful for my kids' willingness to step outside of their own world and learn more about me. Sharing one's culture and respecting anyone's culture is what we are as good citizens. Your feedback are all welcome! Happy Single Parent journey! Snowavalanche

I am surprised that many of you single dads are not opening up OR...

you aren't proud of yourself. Well hey, deaf single fathers need to show their character here or they don't take to take responsibility for their kids. I find that sad. I hope there will be improved single deaf fathers than DEADBEAT deaf fathers this millenium! I take full responsibility for my kids, what about you? No one respond! That's pathetic. I'll wait and see who will respond on this post. It seems rare that deaf single fathers aren't speaking up. C'mon show me what you are proud of!

Hi everyone,

Even though I am a female but I don't know if there are deaf single fathers out there raising their own kids today. I have been a single parent for 23 years. No kidding really! I choose that route because their fathers chosen not to care. Although, it's pretty common to see single mothers out there, I like to hear your feelings about your kids. How do you feel about being a single dad? I know it's hard work but like you, I am no different. I love my 2 hearing kids and they respect my deaf culture, shape or form. That is more than I wish for and I am more than grateful for my kids' willingness to step outside of their own world and learn more about me. Sharing one's culture and respecting anyone's culture is what we are as good citizens. Your feedback are all welcome! Happy Single Parent journey! Snowavalanche

Too bad I am not single father. I am still married, and it does not count me in. Sorry.

I'm not a dad either, but I can imagine it can be difficult caring for the children just like a single mother. My sister been a single mother for about 12 or 13 years and my niece have not seen her father for several years, he made his choice. There is some good fathers out there as well as some good mothers out there. :)

Last edited:
I'm not a dad either, but I can imagine it can be difficult caring for the children just like a single mother. My sister been a single mother for about 12 or 13 years and my niece have not seen her father for several years, he made his choice. There is some good fathers out there as well as some good mothers out there. :)
I agree. I think nowadays it's imperative that single parents get all the support they deserve and every child of a single parent is not all bad. It can be a good thing if the other parent can do more damage to the child. There are good single parents out there and I respect them for trying their best even I dont know them. Thank you for sharing!

Back