Deaf Rights in Canada

JennyB

Reaction score
I saw my name mentioned in the deafened thread with mention of Deaf rights in Canada. So...new thread! What's going on? I am a big activist, mostly around health care and education here...but I can help with anything!

From the Adjustment to late onset deafness thread:
hohpolice said:
I ain't afraid of the wits battle a bit. I'm here due to hoh/deafness as well. I understand there are many types of deaf people, my concern was with the fact I was talking about another issue all together when I was pulled into a feminist debate. Which I am not interested in battling right now.....I fell I may be outnumbered......

Bottesini said:
Being teased in your workplace? Main issue? The ADA can help you. Honestly.

You should go to them for help.

hohpolice said:
ADA doesn't work here. I'm Canadian. Surprise. I appreciate the advice though.

Bottesini said:
Sorry, no location shown. JennyB is Canadian and very concerned with deaf rights.

Perhaps she would help you.

hohpolice said:
Thanks. I'll look her up.

Hey JennyB, I thought a shout out would be in order. How's things? I have found that there a few Canadians here....cool.

Hey JennyB, I thought a shout out would be in order. How's things? I have found that there a few Canadians here....cool.

Yes indeedy! :)

As for Canadian deaf rights, I'm not going to be much help at all there. I am not involved with the deaf community at all. I am an HOH teen that doesn't know too many people in RL who are deaf/HOH. All the power to you, Jenny! You're doing a good thing. :)

Back