deaf in japan

Ice

Reaction score
japa must be the best country to be deaf in, they are so nice

i went there to visit a friend, hes a teacher so during the day i was off on my own, im a american boy so i mean, i dont read japanese or speak it so this can spell trouble ;p

ppl there were so helpful, i mean if i was lost or whatever they would show u right where to go (strangers on the street), and even being deaf wasnt a problem, i mean they totally understood and didnt mind at all,

was really nice, not a place to be missed, dont be afraid to visit of foriegn country

Cool. My father in law used to live in Japan for a few years, and he has been telling me all about it. I wonder what it would be like if I go and visit there. Hmm... *talking to my husband* Heh.

I have a deaf, Japanese friend who lives in Tokyo and she is a very nice girl. Her parents both are deaf. I have never gone to Japan to visit them, but I would love to.

Last year, I went to a wedding in California. The wedding was mostly deaf people. However, the bride had a penpal who lives in Japan, and she never met her before. When the Japanese penpal found out that the bride was getting married, she insisted on coming to the wedding.

The couple from Japan was both hearing, and knew some English. They were so patient with us, and were willing to write back and forth on paper and pen. The bride also spoke with her voice in English to the Japanese couple. I wrote a little Japanese with them too. We ended up spending a whole day together, and it was so nice.

Now, I still am in touch with the Japanese couple every now and then, even though they are hearing. They announced that they would try to find an ASL course in Tokyo to learn some ASL and welcomed all of us to Japan, whenever we can visit. I was really impressed with their friendliness.

THATS great KOOTCHIE its nice to be able to find deaf freinds all over the globe, like liza, freaky, wonderbum, other poeple too it's been a wonderful experince as well, culture wise its a blast its nice to learn the poeple's living experince! :)

I wonder how I get a Passport for travel to Japan for meet deaf people in Japan?

Are you US citizen? If yes, you need to register at Apply for a Passport and get picture at some place that has passport approved (such as Postal Office).

The passport is good for any countries in the world except for some places that US government won't let us visit (i.e. Cuba).

Back