Deaf in America should thank God!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only it were that easy to gain all knowledge of god by opposing him!

True. To publicly hate God is to admit God exists. To reject God is to boast that you have all the knowledge in the universe. In a way, it's a hollow boast that you are yourself a god.

True. To publicly hate God is to admit God exists. To reject God is to boast that you have all the knowledge in the universe. In a way, it's a hollow boast that you are yourself a god.

It's my understanding that the atheists believe that God is a man-made concept. To publicly hate the concept does not equal admission in the other's favor.

It's my understanding that the atheists believe that God is a man-made concept. To publicly hate the concept does not equal admission in the other's favor.

I think Woka, that we have two different things here. This person very definately sounds angry with God, not the concept of God. Many people
wonder why God allows such evil and depravity to exisit. It wouldn't make
sense to be angry at a concept developed by man because that would
mean we are all alone and things just randomly happen, both good and bad.
But if you beleive in God then you can be angry for that God not stepping in
and correcting the bad. (weather you are justified in that anger is a whole
other area of debate) And Christians believe in the end God has taken care
of it all through Christ. But to better understand this concept there is a series
of 3 Science fiction books but I can only remember the title on one. "This Present Darkness" Very gripping and exciting war scenes between beings on different spiritual planes of existence. I highly recomend them.

I think Woka, that we have two different things here. This person very definately sounds angry with God, not the concept of God. Many people
of it all through Christ. But to better understand this concept there is a series
of 3 Science fiction books but I can only remember the title on one. "This Present Darkness" Very gripping and exciting war scenes between beings on different spiritual planes of existence. I highly recomend them.

Series by Frank Peretti , proselytizing "Christian fiction" author.

I wasn't entirely following this thread and stand corrected. You are right in that anger against God is quite different from believing that there is no God.

I'm familiar with Frank Paretti's work - back in the days, I'd read them when my church condemn the industry as "moneychangers in the temple."

As for this thread, :io:

I know what Grummer mean about atheists when they don't believe in God and Jesus. The bible that was written by King James or any other bible that was written by an author mentioned a lot of betrayal, wars, murders, lying, cheating, fool around with married man or woman, and a whole lot of negatives. Of course we get some positive that shows love, harmony, compassion and caring. Grummer is right about that. I have been a Catholic all my life and privately pray to the creator, Manitou (God) which I cherish very much in a native tradition. But the problem is that the bible may not be telling the truth about what happen two thousand years ago before Jesus was born and after the death of Jesus. We don't know how we came to this world with all the creation on Earth, plus the animals that have the right to be on earth. It is a mystery and very awe about the spiritual world that dead people can go to. In the bible there had been a lot of death most of the time and put us as a sinners which we are for the rest of our lives. We are not perfect and never will be perfect so God, if there is a God, knows that we don't tend to be perfect. The only way to forgive God is to have Jesus died for our sins so that we can ask Jesus or God to forgive us for our sin no matter if we are good or bad. Beside, I think the words in the bible just give us food for thoughts on prayers when we want to talk to God or Jesus. Beside, it is not suppose to be a religion thread. Thank God for America is that we may be better than Kenya but we are still having lot of problems in United States and so is Canada with Crime, money problems, sickness and natural disaster (Tornado, hurricanes, earthquakes, dust storms and etc.). Just praise your own neighbors and family that they did the best to stay alive and try to deal with the hearing audists. The hearing audists is discriminating your deaf people and put them down like as they can not do anything, which is the same for us here. Just have to fight with words, not weapons and teach them that we, Deafies, can do anything better than they are just because we could not hear. I am trying to explain that every one of deafies and hearies are no difference but show ignorance toward our Deaf population. So please don't talk about God to any of us. Sorry for the long rant. :hmm:

Series by Frank Peretti , proselytizing "Christian fiction" author.

everybody proselytizes something weather it is a belief system or
a non belief system. But I think Mr Peretti writes fantastic and descriptive
fight scenes between demons and angelic beings. What do you think of
CS Lewis's book, "Mere Christianity"?

I know what Grummer mean about atheists when they don't believe in God and Jesus. The bible that was written by King James or any other bible that was written by an author mentioned a lot of betrayal, wars, murders, lying, cheating, fool around with married man or woman, and a whole lot of negatives. Of course we get some positive that shows love, harmony, compassion and caring. Grummer is right about that. I have been a Catholic all my life and privately pray to the creator, Manitou (God) which I cherish very much in a native tradition. But the problem is that the bible may not be telling the truth about what happen two thousand years ago before Jesus was born and after the death of Jesus. We don't know how we came to this world with all the creation on Earth, plus the animals that have the right to be on earth. It is a mystery and very awe about the spiritual world that dead people can go to. In the bible there had been a lot of death most of the time and put us as a sinners which we are for the rest of our lives. We are not perfect and never will be perfect so God, if there is a God, knows that we don't tend to be perfect. The only way to forgive God is to have Jesus died for our sins so that we can ask Jesus or God to forgive us for our sin no matter if we are good or bad. Beside, I think the words in the bible just give us food for thoughts on prayers when we want to talk to God or Jesus. Beside, it is not suppose to be a religion thread. Thank God for America is that we may be better than Kenya but we are still having lot of problems in United States and so is Canada with Crime, money problems, sickness and natural disaster (Tornado, hurricanes, earthquakes, dust storms and etc.). Just praise your own neighbors and family that they did the best to stay alive and try to deal with the hearing audists. The hearing audists is discriminating your deaf people and put them down like as they can not do anything, which is the same for us here. Just have to fight with words, not weapons and teach them that we, Deafies, can do anything better than they are just because we could not hear. I am trying to explain that every one of deafies and hearies are no difference but show ignorance toward our Deaf population. So please don't talk about God to any of us. Sorry for the long rant. :hmm:

Ignorance is rampant everywhere and towards a lot of different peoples and cultures. Perhaps Americas social adjustments taking place here
can make it better for Deafies in other places. I hope so.

everybody proselytizes something weather it is a belief system or
a non belief system. But I think Mr Peretti writes fantastic and descriptive
fight scenes between demons and angelic beings. What do you think of
CS Lewis's book, "Mere Christianity"?

Off topic to answer, but probably beyond my comfortable reading level. I only know Peretti because of my interest in children's fiction.

We are getting off the point in here. I think Mativu want us to brainstorm on what can be done to help the deaf people. I think instead of happy hour, there could be a get together to talk about what they can do as a group to earn money for themselves. They should find out what kind of service the public really need and then find a way to provide that service.

Does Kenya have good garbage pick up services? If not, then they can step in and provide that. They can also sort out the garbage and sell the metal, plastic and glass. Green businesses are good.

Can they form a home building business? I'd rather see the deaf group work together than working for hearing people, just in case of discrimination.

Anyone has an artistic talent? That one could carve something for the seller to sell to the tourists. You might want to check out the Fair Trade for this: Fair trade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If one group is successful, this group could loan money for the second group who want to try different business, for equipment purchases. When the second group is successful, they could pay back to the first group.

u are very right and presice. i love you idea and i will see how i can explore it.
fair trade i wonderful and practical.
we could do some garbage cleaning around the city. i will first find out with our national organization which is as good as dead.
thank u alot dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back