Deaf & Hearing Impairing

Smithtr

G.G.H.T
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not clear I am not familar I am confused Deaf vs Hearing impairing half on I not clear to familar I am hearing impriies
odd

I interesting my thinking cultures Impossibles!

100 percent to comparents

No sense How do you knwo compare to hearing imparing to vs Deaf
:hmm:

my opinion! I had hearing aid and but i am hearnig imparies I am not understand

Many people mostly language fluents i was idenitfy whom person is Deaf or Hearing person I am not familar I am honest
I am not familar

I am new learn I am new learn it analzyed myself! I ask question

I am mostingly 100 deaf compare to Deaf! sound my parents strong on me I am personal Hearing impairing and I am my opinion

honest to tell me question!

Simple criteria: DEAF -silence while hearing impaired- one does understand speech with the use of a Hearing Aid.Of course depends in which category of hearing loss one is in. A difference in say"mild loss" 20-40 decibels to "profound loss"90 to 110 decibels. DEAFNESS is above 110 decibel loss.
Using a Cochlear Implant-if it works on the person- does bring sound/speech electronically but when disconnected- one reverts to be DEAF. My experience to date.

Just crossed the 5 th anniversary of being bilateral DEAF.

Deaf = not hearing
Hearing impaired = hearing person after 8 beer

;)

Deaf = not hearing

;)

OR a hearing person after standing next to the speakers at a large concert. When I had some hearing, I went to a Christian rock concert and we were standing next to the speakers. A bunch of us had no hearing for 3 days after.

Deaf = not hearing

;)

Thank Sunshines :) appreciate

:ty:

OR a hearing person after standing next to the speakers at a large concert. When I had some hearing, I went to a Christian rock concert and we were standing next to the speakers. A bunch of us had no hearing for 3 days after.

Thank you appreciate! explain question me!

Sunshine: What about persons who don't drink- 8 beers? Hearing loss has nothing to do with one's capacity for alcohol.

I have experimented- disconnected my Implant at dances and hear absolutely NOTHING! The fact that others might/may hear "something"doesn't change my condition-bilateral DEAF

Last edited:
Sunshine: What about persons who don't drink- 8 beers? Hearing loss has nothing to do with one's capacity for alcohol.

I have experimented- disconnected my Implant at dances and hear absolutely NOTHING! The fact that others might/may hear "something"doesn't change my condition-bilateral DEAF

drphil: Haven't you heard of something such as humor before? :roll:

smithtr: Hard of hearing or Hearing impaired is a label devised by hearing society, so that they don't need to accomodate or respect the rights of Deaf people.

Deaf is when you identify yourself as Deaf, regardless of your db levels.

Hearing Impaired = bad hearing.

People who are deaf have talent to drive a car with turbocharged engine.

People who are hearing impaired have talent to drive a car with turbocharged engine.

Carry on. Live the life :).

drphil:
smithtr: Hard of hearing or Hearing impaired is a label devised by hearing society, so that they don't need to accomodate or respect the rights of Deaf people.

Deaf is when you identify yourself as Deaf, regardless of your db levels.

Hearing Impaired = bad hearing.

yes

most doctors or audiologist used the words for hearing impaired. Thats why some parents or hearing people copied what doctors or audiologist told them.

SOme of us who are deaf and prefer to be called ourselve as deaf. "hey I am deaf."

For me, I am comfortable telling everyone that I am deaf or Deaf. :)

You know she was making a joke, right?

As for Sunshine's supposition re 8 beers. Strange way to "humour" a condition--. Chuckle Chuckle!

As for the "difference" between" not hearing Vs silence"-meaningful?

As for the hypothesis of "self described deafness"- no comment!

I think he also know I have him ignore. Yet, he still direct comments me. :dunno: Takes all kinds.

Okay I am here It is very reading on funny comedy! I notice it I notice his on confused ! he misunderstand! he is very hard to understand
I clear to explain to said

Deaf means no hearing

hearing impairing to means hearing impaired -- hearing person!

simply!

I think he also know I have him ignore. Yet, he still direct comments me. :dunno: Takes all kinds.

I am tried help to him too much I am explain to him hard to explain! I am tried on hard to explain to him because I am bit tried him :lol: I hope be wish be help we are encourage to issues adjust to help encourage best :)

As to whether Sunshine reads my comments on this or any other thread-Smile!

As to the "alleged assistance from Travis" don't exactly recall too many. Are they on some other system?
Hearing impairment is usually plotted on an audiogram with sound frequency in Hertz -125 to 8000 across the top with sounds scaled going down- intensity/loudness in decibels ranging from normal -10 to 20 Db to Profound 90 to 110 Db. Deafness is next which of course is silence/nothing

Hahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahaa hahahaha hahah heheheheheheheheheh snort hahahaha

Back