Deaf/deaf?

From my knowledge, deaf ferrets and deaf cats may be labeled deaf or DEAF. I don't think they can be labeled Deaf. They will have to learn how to use CAPS lock first. It's a very difficult task for them to do. Therefore, it would probably not matter in ferret or cat world.

It may work if they accidently used CAPS lock.

I'd say this one is giving its best effort!

cat%2520typing.jpg

OT Just curious because what this cat is sitting at doesn't look like any computer I am familiar with. What is it?

It looks like some type of industrial toughbook design, not specifically limited to panasonic's - Google Images. Since some are designed for proprietary mfg's/vendors and it might take some time to find out what that is unless someone in that field recognizes it.

Urbandictionary recognizes Deaf too:
Urban Dictionary: deaf
deaf: Characterized by not having the ability to hear.
Deaf: Deaf with a big "D" includes any hearing impaired individual that belongs to the Deaf community and primarily use ASL (American Sign Language).

I haven't seen anyone use DEAF outside of biology and AD.

http://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=DEAF1

Breasts? I think the article linked says DEAF refers to problems with the testicles...

Breasts? I think the article linked says DEAF refers to problems with the testicles...
I edited it out and moved it to another thread. From what I understood, this gene is present across different species, but affect different areas. The one from NCBI was on a monkey kidney and found in fruit flies. The other link described it impacting mammals in general.

OT Just curious because what this cat is sitting at doesn't look like any computer I am familiar with. What is it?

No idea either. I looked around for a more-familiar computer keyboard but that one had the best one of a cat typing.

So far what I've learned the recent time reading about the DEAF-1 (Deformed Epidermal Autoregulatory Factor, Type 1) gene.. Seems like it was only recent, in the 90s. Scientists have identified 1 type, leaving the possibility that there are more DEAF type mutations.

Fruit fly - antibody/antigen production
Monkey - Kidney
Rats - Mammary glands
Humans - prostate, kidney, central nervous system

Apparently it also can be derived from rabbits and possibly injected to be used in other animals (including humans)! :shock:
Anti-Deformed Epidermal Autoregulatory Factor 1 antibody (ab75792) | Abcam

Was also suggested to be linked to suicide but the site wasn't specific if it was limited to humans or mammals... PLOS ONE: Deformed Epidermal Autoregulatory Factor-1 (DEAF1) Interacts with the Ku70 Subunit of the DNA-Dependent Protein Kinase Complex

Attachments

• DEAFexpression.png
    DEAFexpression.png
    73 KB · Views: 1
I want to be a deaf leopard someday.

From the same urban dictionary Naisho posted:

deaf leopard:

A woman that is older than an elderly cougar but still has the looks and can still flaunt herself off.

I want to be a deaf leopard someday.

From the same urban dictionary Naisho posted:

deaf leopard:

A woman that is older than an elderly cougar but still has the looks and can still flaunt herself off.

And here I am thinking u wanted to be in a famous rock band:D u r welcome to hang out with a Deaf Tiger though!

Back