Deaf Cultures Class

My teacher is Deaf and the project is to meet in person if possible however like I said it is not possible for me to meet in person. The project was just to talk to someone outside the school that is Deaf. I can not buy a bike and I don't know anyone that needs a bike everyone in Chicago I know rides the CTA or drives or like me is a college student and doesn't have the money to buy a bike. I am an expectant father and like I said I have prior commitments so I can't meet in person.

typical lazy student looking for the easy way out. doubt he even read any of the posts on the topic on the forum. If he does not even know about VRS I say he needs to study a bit more... and dedicate the time required for actually learning and getting a worthwhile education... IMHO of course...

I have a suggestion for the OP, print this thread and present it to your instructor. lots of good points are made and if you have a good instructor, lots of great discussion and understanding can come from this. there is a lot of insight to Deaf culture here and I can tell you are not understanding it from and ethnocentric point of view. the Method you are using is called Egocentric.

Back