Day Light Saving End This Weekend

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
We turn our clocks back this weekend. I am glad I do not have a lot of clocks.

Last edited:
I mostly use cell phone so it changes time itself. I realize that some people may not have cell phone so they would have to change manually. I understand that some flip phones wouldn't change time manually.

My old sidekick phone would not change time on its own. I had to do it.

I have line phone and it change it the time on it own. I mostly use the clock on my cable box because I know the time is correct.

We turn our clocks back this weekend. I am glad I do not have a lot of clocks.

The title of this thread is wrong! The is the weekend that Daylight Savings Time ENDS not STARTS.

Should be: Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend

this am my kids were completely confused when they saw outside of the sky. THey say, " why did you wake me up early!" I said, " remember the daylight saving that will happen this weekend" they figured out and realize that.. poor kiddos!

I will need to change the clocks which are the three bedrooms and others will do itself.

My only concern are my appliances and car, no big deal. Just not looking forward to a darker evening since I do most of my errands there.

this am my kids were completely confused when they saw outside of the sky. THey say, " why did you wake me up early!" I said, " remember the daylight saving that will happen this weekend" they figured out and realize that.. poor kiddos!

I will need to change the clocks which are the three bedrooms and others will do itself.

The kids have to wait for their school buses when it's darker . I hate having to this every year and keep hoping a president will end it.

We have a lot of clocks, I think ten. Hubby does this job.

I hate the time changes, just when it's getting nice they go and mess it up with the time changes....

Many people wonder why we go through the hassle every year to change our clocks...

Much of the early discussions regarding Daylight Saving Time (DST), were based on using energy efficiently. This first idea came from Benjamin Franklin in 1784 when he produced an essay "An Economical Project." In May 1916, England became the first country to adopt Daylight Saving Time to reduce coal consumption. Longer hours of light at night meant less coal needed to heat the house.
The United States first adopted Daylight Saving Time in 1918 during World War I to also conserve fuel. The law was so unpopular though, it was repealed in 1919. The law was reenacted during World War II from February 2, 1942-September 30, 1945. From 1945-1966 there was no standard for Daylight Saving Time, however each area was allowed to decide whether they wanted to follow DST. As you might imagine, this led to great confusion. So on April 13, 1966, the Uniform Time Act of 1966 was passed during President Lyndon Johnson's administration. This created a standard for Daylight Saving Time to start on the last Sunday in April and end on the last Sunday in October.
In 1986, the Uniform Time Act of 1966 was amended during President Ronald Reagan's administration. The Federal Law changed the starting date for Daylight Saving Time from the last to first Sunday in April. A couple of years ago President Bush once again changed the dates. Now we set our clocks forward one hour on the second Sunday in March and fall back one hour the first Sunday in November.

Taken from Google

Many people wonder why we go through the hassle every year to change our clocks...

Much of the early discussions regarding Daylight Saving Time (DST), were based on using energy efficiently. This first idea came from Benjamin Franklin in 1784 when he produced an essay "An Economical Project." In May 1916, England became the first country to adopt Daylight Saving Time to reduce coal consumption. Longer hours of light at night meant less coal needed to heat the house.
The United States first adopted Daylight Saving Time in 1918 during World War I to also conserve fuel. The law was so unpopular though, it was repealed in 1919. The law was reenacted during World War II from February 2, 1942-September 30, 1945. From 1945-1966 there was no standard for Daylight Saving Time, however each area was allowed to decide whether they wanted to follow DST. As you might imagine, this led to great confusion. So on April 13, 1966, the Uniform Time Act of 1966 was passed during President Lyndon Johnson's administration. This created a standard for Daylight Saving Time to start on the last Sunday in April and end on the last Sunday in October.
In 1986, the Uniform Time Act of 1966 was amended during President Ronald Reagan's administration. The Federal Law changed the starting date for Daylight Saving Time from the last to first Sunday in April. A couple of years ago President Bush once again changed the dates. Now we set our clocks forward one hour on the second Sunday in March and fall back one hour the first Sunday in November. I can't recall the man name.

Taken from Google

I read Ben Franklin started DST so people would not have to burn so many candles as they cost money. I heard some guy on TV said we do not save any energy by having DST today.

There was an old woman who used to live across the street from me. She completely refused to observe Daylight Savings time. She just lived an hour off from everyone else six months out of the year. So every time she planned something with another person, she had to remind them to adjust. Sometimes she'd ask me to give her a ride somewhere, and she'd say something like "Ok, so pick me up tomorrow at 2. Well, by your clock, that would be 3."

There was an old woman who used to live across the street from me. She completely refused to observe Daylight Savings time. She just lived an hour off from everyone else six months out of the year. So every time she planned something with another person, she had to remind them to adjust. Sometimes she'd ask me to give her a ride somewhere, and she'd say something like "Ok, so pick me up tomorrow at 2. Well, by your clock, that would be 3."

She had to follow DST if wanted to get to he DR. appointments on time and she had to go by it when you pick her up at 3:00 . She was only making more work for herself and everyone else . I would had pick her up at 2:00 .

She had to follow DST if wanted to get to he DR. appointments on time and she had to go by it when you pick her up at 3:00 . She was only making more work for herself and everyone else . I would had pick her up at 2:00 .

ha - that was one of her many many quirks. She was in her 80's - I figure she earned it.

Back