Davie's law to be voted on in North Carolina

etalton

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you are from North Carolina, but if you are, and you are an animal lover, you might want to drop your representatives and governor an email telling them how this makes you feel. I already have done so. Maybe if enough human voices are heard, it will help unwanted animals not have to die a horrible death.

American Humane Association Endorses Davie's Law | Animal Law Coalition

Heck, even if you aren't from North Carolina, let the Governor know. Sure can't hurt.

I hate to see any animal to be euthanized.

But as for it being more humane than a gas chamber watching an animal sufficate to death.

I rather to see them be injected and put away (put to sleep) Than suffocating an animal.

:(

This is the exact reason why people that has an animal, that will not breed and/or care for them. Need to have their animals spayed or neutered.

This is the exact reason why people that has an animal, that will not breed and/or care for them. Need to have their animals spayed or neutered.

Because so many don't get their animals spayed or neutered in NC is why they put animals down. But, most shelters use injections to do so. There are still 32 shelters in NC that use the gas chambers. At least with injection, the animal goes to sleep peacefully, not writhing in agony, fighting for breath. I live in a county that has one and it turns my stomach. That is why I feed the strays that people in my neighborhood cast off. Just wish I could afford to gather them all up and have them fixed. My own group of critters have been fixed (7 cats and 2 dogs). Just wish more would do the same.

Because so many don't get their animals spayed or neutered in NC is why they put animals down. But, most shelters use injections to do so. There are still 32 shelters in NC that use the gas chambers. At least with injection, the animal goes to sleep peacefully, not writhing in agony, fighting for breath. I live in a county that has one and it turns my stomach. That is why I feed the strays that people in my neighborhood cast off. Just wish I could afford to gather them all up and have them fixed. My own group of critters have been fixed (7 cats and 2 dogs). Just wish more would do the same.

My boss traps feral cats and take them to be fixed. But she has the money and the means to do so. Then she releases them since they are wild.

My boss traps feral cats and take them to be fixed. But she has the money and the means to do so. Then she releases them since they are wild.

Oh, how I wish I could afford to do that. I live out in the country and it is a dumping ground. The best I can do is feed them. Cats especially are my weakness (what gave me away? the 7 I have in the house?). In my mind, at least they are given love in some form. Much better than ending their days in a gas chamber. I fall in that in between area. Not enough money to do it on my own, but the coupons given out by the county I make too much money to get.

Oh, how I wish I could afford to do that. I live out in the country and it is a dumping ground. The best I can do is feed them. Cats especially are my weakness (what gave me away? the 7 I have in the house?). In my mind, at least they are given love in some form. Much better than ending their days in a gas chamber. I fall in that in between area. Not enough money to do it on my own, but the coupons given out by the county I make too much money to get.

I do as well... I can pick up a stray in my area and get a voucher to have them fixed for free. since I am on a non maintained area of the county, my road to my home is not maintained by the county so I do not get garbage pick up or my mail here. I have to drive a mile to pick up my mail from the main drive.

So I am not sure of what laws applies to you ... but I would check out your county pound.

Mine is at the same place that we have to haul our garbage at.

I do as well... I can pick up a stray in my area and get a voucher to have them fixed for free. since I am on a non maintained area of the county, my road to my home is not maintained by the county so I do not get garbage pick up or my mail here. I have to drive a mile to pick up my mail from the main drive.

So I am not sure of what laws applies to you ... but I would check out your county pound.

Mine is at the same place that we have to haul our garbage at.
already checked..they don't take your debt into consideration, and I make too much money for vouchers.

already checked..they don't take your debt into consideration, and I make too much money for vouchers.

They do not take income in consideration. Just proof of residency,. Due to they know it is a problem area for animals being dumped.

I can be a millionaire and still have an animal neutered or spayed for free due to the LOCATION that I live at.

Like you. I live in a problematic area that people tend to dump their animals.

because it is out in the boonies.

They do not take income in consideration. Just proof of residency,. Due to they know it is a problem area for animals being dumped.

I can be a millionaire and still have an animal neutered or spayed for free due to the LOCATION that I live at.

Like you. I live in a problematic area that people tend to dump their animals.

because it is out in the boonies.
you are lucky then. that is not the case here. where i live is part of the regular county with trash pick up, recycling and animal shelter.

you are lucky then. that is not the case here. where i live is part of the regular county with trash pick up, recycling and animal shelter.

Then they do it based on income.

I am not sure in your State or County that you live. It might be worth the research, to find out if you can do it to the strays that you are caring for.

Then they do it based on income.

I am not sure in your State or County that you live. It might be worth the research, to find out if you can do it to the strays that you are caring for.

I will look into it..I take care of about 5 strays and their new offspring. Offspring are feral, and so are two out of the five adults.

I will look into it..I take care of about 5 strays and their new offspring. Offspring are feral, and so are two out of the five adults.

Even if you can not get the voucher. At least look into getting it reduced.

Feeding strays and having more ferals. Believe me. You will end up having more cats than you can handle.

:giggle: at least you would not have to worry about any rodents within so many feet of your home :lol:

but seriously

I would consider at least a voucher that you can get by a local vet if you explain your situation. or your community.

Even if you can not get the voucher. At least look into getting it reduced.

Feeding strays and having more ferals. Believe me. You will end up having more cats than you can handle.

:giggle: at least you would not have to worry about any rodents within so many feet of your home :lol:

but seriously

I would consider at least a voucher that you can get by a local vet if you explain your situation. or your community.

Big population..been there..done that. At one time I was feeding close to 30 stray cats. But that was years ago. Even as late as last year I was feeding about 20 but we had a rash of loose dogs..cat killing dogs that killed at least 7 adults that I know of in less than two months. I had the shelter out here with live dog traps but it didn't do any good as the people from the shelter knew the owners and warned them to lock up their animals. I hate to say it, but I live in a "red neck" area that is backwards. Many of the survivors went elsewhere or died without my knowing it. I have named them all..even had one named "no name" since I ran out of names that year. I still think providing them shelter and food is more humane than a gas chamber. Best I have been able to do over the years. Perhaps that is why I am so passionate about this law passing. Trying to make things a bit better for the ones that are turned into the shelter/pound.

Back