Dating & Questions! HELP!

AHOY

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I just recently was involved well am involved
in an relationship with my boyfriend. I'm hearing &
he's deaf. I was really nervous of dating him because
it's going to be hard, i'll have to change my whole life around
for our relationship to work i'm just scared he's my first non hearing bf but not my first bf ( i've had plenty of bfs ) anyways I have an few questions. I hope someone can/may answer, it would mean tons to me!
Questions:
4. What are some amazing places to go on an date with someone
who can't hear?

Thanks for reading, I hope many reply back :)
Bye.

Heeey there,
:) My boyfriend is deaf and i am hearing like chu know.
He is also my first non hearing boyfriend .

questions:
1: at first I was scared to tell my family and friends but really they didnt care to much but they had lots of questions.

2: movies you use sub titles :) and music the vibrations

3: ooo good question! well some of my EX friends bully me and my boyfriend because he is deaf their just ignorant. but all my other friends treat me the same, they were all very excited to meet him, because they have never met anyone who was deaf and were excited to learn more.

4:any where is amazing :) When me and Quintin go out we usually go for walks or to the mall, movies, out for supper, the beach. anywhere :) Just because he cant hear doesnt stop either of us from doing what everyone else does.

Paige. Thanks tons. You're right, about the 4th answer!
Made me smile :)

Well, my boyfriend and I are both deaf, but...

1. N/a
2. Closed captioning for movies, and deaf people enjoy music too. I enjoy dancing. We feel the beat and the vibration.
3. N/a
4. Ask him what he would like to do! We can do anything hearing people can. My bf and I curl and bowl and run together. Dates can involve swimming, a walk, a movie, dancing, coffee, fishing, canoeing, anything really.

Well, my boyfriend and I are both deaf, but...

1. N/a
2. Closed captioning for movies, and deaf people enjoy music too. I enjoy dancing. We feel the beat and the vibration.
3. N/a
4. Ask him what he would like to do! We can do anything hearing people can. My bf and I curl and bowl and run together. Dates can involve swimming, a walk, a movie, dancing, coffee, fishing, canoeing, anything really.
:) Thanks. I'll try those out except fishing and canoeing, lol. but everything else is fine, thanks tons for responding btw i'm Nikkie :D!

1. My hearing girlfriend and I were friends for 8 months before we started to date. Her family knew that I was deaf and had no issues with that.

2. My girlfriend is a Beatles Mania so if we listen to Beatles together, She would give me copy of words. Same thing at churches. If it's just an impromptu concert, I would just feel music through her. She would tell me what type of music it is.

3. I'm touched be cause my girlfriend's best friend and also her Mom wants to learn some ASL to talk to me. Also, my girlfriend never watches TV with CC, but she always put CC on when I'm around.

4. Just pick places that have a lot of sights :).

1. My hearing girlfriend and I were friends for 8 months before we started to date. Her family knew that I was deaf and had no issues with that.

2. My girlfriend is a Beatles Mania so if we listen to Beatles together, She would give me copy of words. Same thing at churches. If it's just an impromptu concert, I would just feel music through her. She would tell me what type of music it is.

3. I'm touched be cause my girlfriend's best friend and also her Mom wants to learn some ASL to talk to me. Also, my girlfriend never watches TV with CC, but she always put CC on when I'm around.

Seems you have got a real "gem" and a diamond in the rough!....Hang onto this one....ladies like this are hard to find.

Whats cc? awe you're gf seems so freakin sweet! i'm happy for yall! :) you know what I noticed about deaf relationships, is that the people the deaf person picks is always someone with an big heart whose seriously sweet, my bf told me last night i have an big heart and he says i'm so sweet, it was so cute :)

Whats cc? awe you're gf seems so freakin sweet! i'm happy for yall! :) you know what I noticed about deaf relationships, is that the people the deaf person picks is always someone with an big heart whose seriously sweet, my bf told me last night i have an big heart and he says i'm so sweet, it was so cute :)

How many hearing/deaf relationships have you been around?

How many hearing/deaf relationships have you been around?

I think she left after they deleted her thread saying deaf people are really mean and she hates us!

Very quick change personality. :lol:

normal sometimes pretty nervous and awkard sometimes pretty tough! complication dates :)

I am Deaf and my boyfriend is hearing--sometimes it can be difficult but also has its benifits. He is learning sign, though i wish it was faster! He is very patient with me, and I think its sweet when he relays for me (we live in south florida with a lot of accents I cant lip read). At home we have captions on the TV all the time (even know he dosent like them too much). My family loves him a lot, and his family loves me--He helps me with communication if its a problem. I dont think anyone has looked at our relationship and thought anything wrong with it :)

also, you said: "it's going to be hard, i'll have to change my whole life around
for our relationship to work"....Relationships are GIVE AND TAKE. You like him, and in a relationship, then you need to work for it.

I think she left after they deleted her thread saying deaf people are really mean and she hates us!

Very quick change personality. :lol:

Ohhh....another one of those with rapid personality change going on, huh?:lol: Must be the full moon. We've gotten more than our share of that lately.

Back