D-PAH! Deaf Positive Attitude Health

D-PAH!

Reaction score
Hello! :wave:

My name is Pam Groth. I am the founder of D-PAH!, Deaf Positive Attitude Health program that I am hoping to educate Deaf and Hard of Hearing Communities across the USA on Diabetes, Cancer, & other health issues.

I am a hard of hearing individual who grew up in a deaf home. I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes eight years ago and have Multiple Sclerosis since 1991. These two serious auto-immune diseases require dedicated food management so I became involved in healthy eating and nutrition when my mother Ellen (Roach) Groth who was deaf and she was diagnosed with Salivary Gland cancer eleven years ago. I knew I needed to make better healthier eating choices and make a lifestyle change. Check out my blog/
website at
Simply Healthy Cooking

I will be posting flyers to promote Diabetes workshops and support groups in both Columbus, Ohio and Sylvan Lake, Michigan. I hope to visit nearby states and educate more people soon.

I will also be positing links soon to my newest educational ASL videos on Diabetes and the introduction to D-PAH!.

Stay Healthy!
Pam Groth

:wave: Pam, I do like your recipes, good luck with your new program!

I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes eight years ago and have Multiple Sclerosis since 1991.
Hi--

Say, do you have any thoughts on a connection between MS and gluten? Three folks in the last two generations of my family had MS which may indicate hereditary risk, and I've run into some vague references as to that gluten connection, but nothing definite... :dunno2:

Hi--

Say, do you have any thoughts on a connection between MS and gluten? Three folks in the last two generations of my family had MS which may indicate hereditary risk, and I've run into some vague references as to that gluten connection, but nothing definite... :dunno2:

I myself believe that MS is food-related problems and I also believe that it is hereditary. On both sides of my family - my mom's side 2 cousins and myself have it and on my dad's side my 2 aunts have it.

Here is a link to this man I have been following and reading up on -he believes that MS excaberations are caused by gluten. His theory makes sense in a way. I do know that when I eat a lot of pasta, bread and other foods that are high in gluten - I am tired I do have attacks. Since then I have changed my eating habits to more of a structured organic life style, I feel a lot better.

Information | Direct-MS

Interesting reading - keep me posted let me know what you think
Pam

I am a type one diabetic myself. Its a real pain in the ass sometimes if you know what i mean

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Hi Pam.

I'd like to make a specific suggestion that you also cover Fibromyalgia, which seems very prevalent in the Hoh/Deaf community.

If you'd like some specific documentation, book referrals, organization referrals you could team up with please PM me. I have FM myself and am a board member with the FM support group in my area.

Thanks & good luck :)

I myself believe that MS is food-related problems and I also believe that it is hereditary. On both sides of my family - my mom's side 2 cousins and myself have it and on my dad's side my 2 aunts have it.
Wow.
Here is a link to this man I have been following and reading up on -he believes that MS excaberations are caused by gluten. His theory makes sense in a way. I do know that when I eat a lot of pasta, bread and other foods that are high in gluten - I am tired I do have attacks. Since then I have changed my eating habits to more of a structured organic life style, I feel a lot better.
Very interesting reference, thank you. It makes sense to *me*.

I eventually figured out on my own that I had a dairy allergy-- probably casein rather than lactose-- after growing up with frequent respiratory problems which I suspect were caused by the allergy. Takes a while to learn to pay attention to what our body is telling us...:doh:

Regards--

My name is Pam Groth. I am the founder of D-PAH!, Deaf Positive Attitude Health program that I am hoping to educate Deaf and Hard of Hearing Communities across the USA on Diabetes, Cancer, & other health issues.

I am a hard of hearing individual who grew up in a deaf home. I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes eight years ago and have Multiple Sclerosis since 1991. These two serious auto-immune diseases require dedicated food management so I became involved in healthy eating and nutrition when my mother Ellen (Roach) Groth who was deaf and she was diagnosed with Salivary Gland cancer eleven years ago. I knew I needed to make better healthier eating choices and make a lifestyle change. Check out my blog/
website at
Simply Healthy Cooking

I will be posting flyers to promote Diabetes workshops and support groups in both Columbus, Ohio and Sylvan Lake, Michigan. I hope to visit nearby states and educate more people soon.

I will also be positing links soon to my newest educational ASL videos on Diabetes and the introduction to D-PAH!.

Stay Healthy!
Pam Groth
Hi i love all the videos, i happen to love signing music :)

I plan to cover a wide variety of health concerns and issues with D-PAH! I would like any information you can offer so we can link the issues, suggestions and resources to the website. My email is DeafHealthPAH@gmail.com. This would be the best way to set things up.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Stay Strong! Stay Healthy!

Pamela K Groth - D-PAH! Founder
Making healthy lifestyle choices is a lifetime commitment
Videophone: 614-515-4441
Email: DeafHealthPAH@gmail.com

Facebook Page: D-Pah: Deaf Positive Attitude Health | Facebook
(click on the link sign in to your facebook account and LIKE the page - add your friends and spread the word)

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Hi Pam.

I'd like to make a specific suggestion that you also cover Fibromyalgia, which seems very prevalent in the Hoh/Deaf community.

If you'd like some specific documentation, book referrals, organization referrals you could team up with please PM me. I have FM myself and am a board member with the FM support group in my area.

Thanks & good luck :)

I am a firm believer that "food is everything" what we put in our bodies is how we will function every day. I am not saying that I eat perfect because I do go off and eat a plate of chicken wings or meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I do pay for it the next day big time and often for 2 or 3 days. Comfort food gets the best of me. I always try to eat organic when funds permit and what vegetables and fruits are available during the seasons. Farmer's markets are the best way to go. Getting eggs at organic farms are more healthier than buying at the stores. Good luck and keep me posted as to how you are doing.

I have an MS Blog My MS and Me- I share some of my stories of what I went through over the years. I have not writen in there for some time but will get back to it eventually.

Stay Healthy! Stay Strong!

Pamela K Groth - D-PAH! Founder
Making healthy lifestyle choices is a lifetime commitment
Videophone: 614-515-4441
Email: DeafHealthPAH@gmail.com

Facebook Page: D-Pah: Deaf Positive Attitude Health | Facebook (click on the link sign in to your facebook account and LIKE the page - add your friends and spread the word)

Wow.

Very interesting reference, thank you. It makes sense to *me*.

I eventually figured out on my own that I had a dairy allergy-- probably casein rather than lactose-- after growing up with frequent respiratory problems which I suspect were caused by the allergy. Takes a while to learn to pay attention to what our body is telling us...:doh:

Regards--

Back