Cpr Lessons For Deaf And Blind

Evgundel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Eugene and I'm a paramedic.

I'm curious to know : If a deaf person wants to learn CPR/first aid, where can he or she learn it?
Is there a different kind of / special first aid education offered to the deaf and the blind?

Thanks for your answer in advance

I saw that same article about two months ago but it is from 2010. It doesn't look like they still offer it. Maybe not enough interest.

yeah I noticed after I posted it was dated from '10 - but maybe they will offer something like that again. At least they did it once. Too bad about the possibility of not enough interest-

Yeah, I was interested and thought it might be worth the drive to Boston. I may reach out to them to see if they are planning to offer it again.

What are the unique skills that the instructor must have/know in order to teach this material to deaf/hoh clients?

American BLS offers an online CPR/BLS Course at no-cost. We just put captioning on all the videos and we are spreading the word to the deaf community.

The course covers CPR and AED for Adult/Child/Infant care.

There is no cost to take the course. Afterwards, there is a fee for certification but that is optional.

You can take the course at www . americanbls . com

Last edited:
Unless it's easily translated to braille (I would think voice over type add ons would work ), deafblind may not be able to access the videos well enough.

I know of one person who WANTS to set up something in Texas for deafblind to learn CPR and basic rescue stuff. Whether or not they'll follow through is another thing.

Back