Couple Buys Real Human Skeleton At Yard Sale

rockin'robin

Reaction score
TAMPA, Fla. -- A Florida couple thought they were buying a Halloween decoration at a yard sale, but it turns out they bought a real human skeleton.

Judith and Mitchell Fletcher paid $8 for what they thought were a box of scary holiday decorations at a yard sale in Brandon. When they got the box home, they realized they had bought real bones.

They called the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. Detectives took the bones to the medical examiner, who determined they came from a professionally prepared human anatomical skeleton, normally used in medical courses.

Sheriff's spokesperson Cristal Bermudez Nunez says detectives are contacting colleges and universities who may be missing a skeleton.

State law prohibits individuals from owning human skeletons, so the Fletchers won't get the bones back.

Couple Buys Real Human Skeleton At Yard Sale - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Did they think it was a fake when they bought that skeleton?

Talk about a real trick or treat! LOL.

What a perfect Halloween story!

The only thing that could make it better would be it could be the haunted bones of Freddy Krueger, LOL.

knee bone connected to the,,,,,

I wonder what will happen to my bones when I kick the bucket? I am a donor so all the leftover parts get used for something. Some body parts should be worth money. You know about reverse mortagages? Well what if we could do the same with our body parts. At least enuff to pay for a pizza party

Hmm...This might be a creepy thing to say, but I find bones fascinating.

I'd be so creeped out at the fact that I touched someone else's bones...

Back