Could someone please help me out?

D-Link Broadband Videophone DVC-2000 $399.95

Got that info from the link posted by Soonersseth earlier here. That Dlink Videophone is new and I never seen it before. It look good but 400 bucks! Geez. Also it has 5" LCD and boy its smaller than my cock.

Does anyone have this? Is it better than VP100? I meant the picture.. would this be good for dark skin people? Just wondering.

I would love to have VP but it is very expensive here in Germany. I just learned about this few weeks ago... :mad: From now I use webcam if I want to chat with my online friends.

Your Mom, I would love to help you but I has no idea because I'm not American.

Your Mom said:
Dont heckle me and dont be an ass.

I asked for opinions, which I have gotten and which I am thinking about I dont need your snide remarks.

Thank you for your input though.

I merely mentioned that my friends have sorenson because I dont know that I want to go through the extra hassle of the IP gateway, and I dont want a webcam or id just stick with using AIM anyway.

I am giving d-link considerable thought, but first and foremost as I mentioned I just want it to be user friendly and simple. I am familiar with sorensons, my freinds have them and I am used to using them, therefore me not having to make any big transition between them.

Why are you following your favorism friends' suggestion? You have never attempted to use a Webcam yet. Just ingore them and try any Webcam then get a driver from the sorenson website...

Why are you waiting for? Getting a free sorenson vp-100 while you will probably pretend to be a deafie?

NascarZing said:
D-Link Broadband Videophone DVC-2000 $399.95

Got that info from the link posted by Soonersseth earlier here. That Dlink Videophone is new and I never seen it before. It look good but 400 bucks! Geez. Also it has 5" LCD and boy its smaller than my cock.

Does anyone have this? Is it better than VP100? I meant the picture.. would this be good for dark skin people? Just wondering.

My friend at federal agency likes it. It is a perfect for his small cubical office. DLink DVC-2000 is great for the government/business office, home office, kitchen, garage, patio, etc.
DVC-2000_main.jpg

Zing, I may understand that you may have visual impaired.... :whistle:

A lot of times, you can find video phones pop up on ebay. I saw a D-Link DVC-1100 sell on ebay for $50 last week. Otherwise, aside from ebay, you can buy a D-Link DVC-1000for as cheap as $150. Also, someone mentioned you can get a webcam. That is what I have right now. You can use a simple webcam with Sorenson's Envision software to act just as video phone. Its a much cheaper solution.

Mookie said:
Why are you following your favorism friends' suggestion? You have never attempted to use a Webcam yet. Just ingore them and try any Webcam then get a driver from the sorenson website...

Why are you waiting for? Getting a free sorenson vp-100 while you will probably pretend to be a deafie?

I havent tried to use a webcam yet? Bull shit would you please quit making assumptions?

The very first thing I did was go out and purcase a webcam, but I have a tiny lap top, my internet connection is a highspeed DSL but the frames were jumpy, so i figured it must be the camera I bought, I also didnt like having to sit infront of my little tiny screen to see my friends sign. Its also harder to catch people online than to catch them through VP, tv.

I DONT WANT A WEBCAM, I DONT WANT TO TALK VIA MY COMPUTER.

that is why i asked about VP's if i wanted to talk through my computer and webcam or AIM I would have asked about webcams.

Yup, get CMOS type webcam, and download Sorenson software, from HOVRS. they got software to work with your webcam. They aren't as good as VP but close enough. But if you got money, can always buy from Dlink, they cost around 150 dollars for wired model and 200 dollars for wireless model.

Mookie said:
Go buy a webcam. You can get a free drive from the sorenson...

May I suggest you quit yelling at Sorenson... Start yelling at FCC! They are the one who made the policy not Sorenson. Sorenson is only supplier and FCC foot the bill. If Sorenson fail to comply the FCC rules Sorenson stands to lose millions of dollars, do you think Sorenson would be willing to bend that rule? I doubt it!

NascarZing said:
Hey Sorenson!

Now you see hearings here and my mom that know signs wanted VP100/VP200 so let them have them so they can talk to us deafies! Don't be shelfish bastards!

diehardbiker65 said:
May I suggest you quit yelling at Sorenson... Start yelling at FCC! They are the one who made the policy not Sorenson. Sorenson is only supplier and FCC foot the bill. If Sorenson fail to comply the FCC rules Sorenson stands to lose millions of dollars, do you think Sorenson would be willing to bend that rule? I doubt it!

I had spoke with FCC about that and they told me to talk to Sorenson. They, FCC, wouldn't do a thing about this with the dark skin situation and the hearing people wanting VP. So this is why I am bashing on Sorenson so shush!

Your Mom said:
I havent tried to use a webcam yet? Bull shit would you please quit making assumptions?

The very first thing I did was go out and purcase a webcam, but I have a tiny lap top, my internet connection is a highspeed DSL but the frames were jumpy, so i figured it must be the camera I bought, I also didnt like having to sit infront of my little tiny screen to see my friends sign. Its also harder to catch people online than to catch them through VP, tv.

I DONT WANT A WEBCAM, I DONT WANT TO TALK VIA MY COMPUTER.

that is why i asked about VP's if i wanted to talk through my computer and webcam or AIM I would have asked about webcams.

What makes you think that I am a bullshit artist?

There is a problem with DSL not a webcam. VP may not work very well with DSL service. You may need a high speed Internet cable service....

sorenson!?!?!? Wha... bunch selfish! Doesn't want to sell anyone who hearing or family related Deaf daughter/Son or grandchildren.. ? I bet Sorenson is worst greedy!

Your Mom, Try buy D-link! I'm using dlink and still good stands.. contact w/other friends who sorenson user but having hard to reach them by ph # espically it's works IP address only...

Better nothing! :D
By the way good luck!

Mookie said:
What makes you think that I am a bullshit artist?

There is a problem with DSL not a webcam. VP may not work very well with DSL service. You may need a high speed Internet cable service....

I never called you a bullshit artist, rather that you make absurd assumptions. Instead of asking me "have you tried a webcam" you automatically asumed that I havent.

Back