Could Jesus have been a Jewish Essene - Buddhism syncretist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 100 percent Jewish? Like I said You do not have to have a Religious to believe, to believe is up to an individual's heart, not based on Religious Beliefs. There are some Jews that believes in Jesus because they witness Jesus's miracles.

Exactly, that's why I said if Jews believe in Jesus, then they are not 100 percent Judaism. They only have higher similar beliefs with Judaism, but do believe in Jesus, that's all.

The Judaism religion itself do not believe that Jesus was a God. I was talking about the religion, not the people in my post that Secretblend quoted above.

The belief that Jesus is God, part of the Trinity, the Messiah, or a prophet of God are incompatible with traditional Jewish tenets. The idea of the Jewish Messiah is different from the Christian Christ because Jews believe Jesus did not fulfill Jewish Messianic prophecies that establish the criteria for the coming of the Messiah.[6] Authoritative texts of Judaism reject Jesus as God, Divine Being, intermediary between humans and God, Messiah or saint.

The belief in the Trinity, as with many other central Christian doctrines,[7] is also held to be incompatible with Judaism.

Judaism's view of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, of course, I know I won't believe 100 percent of any of religion, even my religion Theravada Buddhism, I don't believe whole of it, not 100 percent, but I have alot of similar beliefs as Theravada Buddhism so that religion seems comfortable with me with my own heart, plus I already answered Liebling's question, "with all of my heart" at other thread. I am sure Liebling will know what I was talking about.

Jesus Christ and John the Baptist were both (most definitely) Essenes. They likely helped out in the storing the Dead Sea scrolls in the caves of Qumran. Also some theologians believe that both Joseph and Mary were hard core Essenes and taught Jesus to be one too. Remember it was perfectly normal for a men-only sect (Essenes) to be joined with like-minded females in order to have offspring.

As a side note: The act of baptism was originally a Persian custom to appease pagan gods. The Essenes adapted this custom, which today is an accepted tradition in all-Christian denominations. I have studied the Essenes (read books and such) thoroughly and is one of the main reasons why I am not a Christian (or any type of spiritual person) today.

This is the book that destroyed my faith and brought the real truth into my sight:

essenes.jpg

Jesus Christ and John the Baptist were both (most definitely) Essenes. They likely helped out in the storing the Dead Sea scrolls in the caves of Qumran. Also some theologians believe that both Joseph and Mary were hard core Essenes and taught Jesus to be one too. Remember it was perfectly normal for a men-only sect (Essenes) to be joined with like-minded females in order to have offspring.

As a side note: The act of baptism was originally a Persian custom to appease pagan gods. The Essenes adapted this custom, which today is an accepted tradition in all-Christian denominations. I have studied the Essenes (read books and such) thoroughly and is one of the main reasons why I am not a Christian (or any type of spiritual person) today.

Can you provide some scholarly sources please ?

Buddha didn't died for your sins.

Buddha was born in 563 B.C. But Jesus Christ, The Creator of the Universe, Has ALWAYS existed. Explain Buddha died and is still in the grave!!! Jesus is ALIVE!

Colossians 1: 16, 17.

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

ONLY IS ONE!!! John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Revelation 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Acts 16:31 Praise the Lord!!
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. :angel:

Exactly, that's why I said if Jews believe in Jesus, then they are not 100 percent Judaism. They only have higher similar beliefs with Judaism, but do believe in Jesus, that's all.

The Judaism religion itself do not believe that Jesus was a God. I was talking about the religion, not the people in my post that Secretblend quoted above.

Also, of course, I know I won't believe 100 percent of any of religion, even my religion Theravada Buddhism, I don't believe whole of it, not 100 percent, but I have alot of similar beliefs as Theravada Buddhism so that religion seems comfortable with me with my own heart, plus I already answered Liebling's question, "with all of my heart" at other thread. I am sure Liebling will know what I was talking about.

Right, Judaism didn't believe that Jesus Christ. They are no excuse they knew before Jesus Christ came. In Old Testament Isaiah 53 all chapters... Judaism removed it Bible. They DENIED IT! SHAME ON THEM!

Can you provide some scholarly sources please ?

Sure I can but it's been a good while that I conducted that personal research. If I recall correctly I found that information in my local library. They have encyclopedias of religions and similar topics. I searched those encyclopedias (via the index); and found the word Essenes and turned to that section. I discovered at least a dozen pages of information regarding the lifestyle and beliefs of the Essenes. Also the book (image above) brought me more knowledge on the subject, as well as a study of the people that hid the Dead Sea scrolls in vassals at Qumran.

I will give you the name of the encyclopedias series so you can study it for yourself. Just give me a few days. Also find a good book on the Dead Sea scrolls: In particular the people who stored them in the caves. When you read the material think of Christ’s life journey as it was written in the Gospels. A good understanding of those four books will serve you well. Don’t be afraid if you find yourself doubting your personal relationship with God. I was a very faithful man at one point and (sadly) closed-minded too. Your curiosity may lead you away from what you now own but isn’t truth what we truly seek: even if it is good or bad realty?

This one is a good book for starters:

51KJTYQCA7L._SS500_.jpg

Oh and also Anij...get a clear understanding of the four (4) sects that existed during Jesus' life. This is their order as far as influence:

• Pharisees
  • Essenes
  • Sagusees
  • Zealots
Make certain, and this paramount, to read the writings of Flavius Josephus. That is absolutely vital to your research. I know it's a big book and it's not easy to navigate through it but learn how to and read what he told about the Essenes. Flavius Josephus is a very reliable source and is highly respected by serious Bible students and theologians alike.

Buddha didn't died for your sins.

Buddha was born in 563 B.C. But Jesus Christ, The Creator of the Universe, Has ALWAYS existed. Explain Buddha died and is still in the grave!!! Jesus is ALIVE!

Colossians 1: 16, 17.

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

ONLY IS ONE!!! John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Buddha's body is in the grave, but his soul is at the Nirvana ;) Plus I don't know why would you compare Buddha to Jesus while Buddha never say that he was a "God" while Jesus does.

Right, Judaism didn't believe that Jesus Christ. They are no excuse they knew before Jesus Christ came. In Old Testament Isaiah 53 all chapters... Judaism removed it Bible. They DENIED IT! SHAME ON THEM!

Yeah, but to me, I don't know which one was right...

Buddha's body is in the grave, but his soul is at the Nirvana ;) Plus I don't know why would you compare Buddha to Jesus while Buddha never say that he was a "God" while Jesus does.

Yeah, but to me, I don't know which one was right...

I studies 18 yrs. why not you researched and more depth study? then You will understand! Smile!

Sure I can but it's been a good while that I conducted that personal research. If I recall correctly I found that information in my local library. They have encyclopedias of religions and similar topics. I searched those encyclopedias (via the index); and found the word Essenes and turned to that section. I discovered at least a dozen pages of information regarding the lifestyle and beliefs of the Essenes. Also the book (image above) brought me more knowledge on the subject, as well as a study of the people that hid the Dead Sea scrolls in vassals at Qumran.

I will give you the name of the encyclopedias series so you can study it for yourself. Just give me a few days. Also find a good book on the Dead Sea scrolls: In particular the people who stored them in the caves. When you read the material think of Christ’s life journey as it was written in the Gospels. A good understanding of those four books will serve you well. Don’t be afraid if you find yourself doubting your personal relationship with God. I was a very faithful man at one point and (sadly) closed-minded too. Your curiosity may lead you away from what you now own but isn’t truth what we truly seek: even if it is good or bad realty?

This one is a good book for starters:

51KJTYQCA7L._SS500_.jpg

interesting... I like be open-mind because it didn't bite! Does this have website or books? I curious, Thanks!

Books and a good knowledge of the Greek Scriptures (New Testament).

Oh and also Anij...get a clear understanding of the four (4) sects that existed during Jesus' life. This is their order as far as influence:

• Pharisees
  • Essenes
  • Sagusees
  • Zealots
Make certain, and this paramount, to read the writings of Flavius Josephus. That is absolutely vital to your research. I know it's a big book and it's not easy to navigate through it but learn how to and read what he told about the Essenes. Flavius Josephus is a very reliable source and is highly respected by serious Bible students and theologians alike.

Aqua,
FJ is interesting, ... bizarre at times - as are the DSS manuscripts,gnostic, and HUGE portions of text are missing, though interesting

- I'm a 2nd year theology student, so I'm quite well read on the subject, I just don't agree with the assessment (hense the request for SS). I haven't read the Ewing , however what I was able to find ... reminds me of something "Spong-like" ICK

anywho ... off to class ... nothing like a whole day of J Pelikan, Augustine, Barth, and Anselm (there's an odd mix if I ever saw one)

*shudders* Wiki !
Sorry Wiki usually make me laugh, or cry or a bit of both ! - all my Profs have been very adamant that if we use a single Wikipaedia siting we fail the paper in which is was used - ANYONE can modify Wikis to say ANYTHING !

*shudders* Wiki !
Sorry Wiki usually make me laugh, or cry or a bit of both ! - all my Profs have been very adamant that if we use a single Wikipaedia siting we fail the paper in which is was used - ANYONE can modify Wikis to say ANYTHING !

Wiki was not, and is not, one of the genuine resources used in my Essene research. :ty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back