Contact the govenor of VT and tell him NOT to veto Gay marriage bill

Does house or senate could override governor's veto?

I had heard from Log Cabin and they said republicans in senate are favor into gay marriage.

They were talking about an override on the mailing list, I'm on.....but on the other hand it would be better if the gov just signed the bill and saved a lot of hassle!

The gov of VT is expected to veto it but cross your fingers for an override.
Nervous as heck!!!!!

YAY!!!!!! 47 more states to GO!!!!!!! I'm PSYCHED!!!!!!!!! And hopefully California will get rid of Prop 8!

I did hear a few more states have gay marriage bills in the works.....it would be awesome if they passed!

The other states that have gay marriage bills in the works are: New Hampshire, New York, Washington DC, New Jersey, Maine and RI! I know I read somewhere that there's a coalition which is working for gay marriage in ALL of New England by 2012....wouldn't it be cool if it was acheived sooner?

The president of my company and a bunch of other companies in Vermont signed and sent a letter to the legislators telling them to override the veto because having gay marriage would attract young educated people to this state by adding to the aura of equality and respect. Then they'd get the hi-tech jobs, which would help the aging work force.

I was just reading a thread on what's the next state that is gonna get gay marriage first.
There is a bill which has passed the NH senate already. Keep your fingers crossed. Maine sounds good too! It would be VERY cool if we had a whole region of the US with gay marriage. I think NJ and NY may get it rather fast. I heard that DC may pass it too!!!!
RI is not a good canidate since the gov has joined something called NOM a "pro marriage" group.... VOMIT!

It's been overridden and that's great.

The majority does NOT have the right to deny a minority their due rights.

Oh and Fuck Douglas! I think (and hope) it will be his last term.

The president of my company and a bunch of other companies in Vermont signed and sent a letter to the legislators telling them to override the veto because having gay marriage would attract young educated people to this state by adding to the aura of equality and respect. Then they'd get the hi-tech jobs, which would help the aging work force.

Where does that leave hi-tech jobs for Vermonters?

Regardless, I do agree on the tourism aspect. The state needs to do what it can right now to shore up the tourism industry as it depends too much on it (in my opinion) and less on creating stable jobs that keep people in the state.

Back