Cochlear nucleus 5 & Music

pcryan

Reaction score
Hi all

Just been upgraded to a cochlear nucleus 5 from a Sprint circa 1998. :)
Question I have may seem duh but here goes - using an iPod do you select Everyday on your remote or Music? I know it seems obvious it should be Music but .... Everyday does seem clearer. (I know - use what you like you dolt - but I'm curious to your experiences.

Also for TV? Same query?

Any insight is welcomed.

Best of the season to all.

P

Sorry I can't answer your questions (I have a Freedom which hasn't been switched on yet), but can I ask when you got the Nucelus 5 implanted? I thought Cochlear recalled all models of the Nucleus 5 a couple of months ago... Just wondering how you were able to get it, if after the recall date?

I just use "everyday" basically for everything because its a huge pain to change channels. However, if it does get noisy in the world like the cafe, sometimes i turn on my noise channel and it works great.

(assuming youre using the wire at 100% input (no mic))

But I will say, if i am traveling like i did 2 weeks ago, i was driving with the wire plugged in for two hours, i had the music channel on cause its more "flexiable" with the music (more sounds do go through compare to everyday for me)

Sorry I can't answer your questions (I have a Freedom which hasn't been switched on yet), but can I ask when you got the Nucelus 5 implanted? I thought Cochlear recalled all models of the Nucleus 5 a couple of months ago... Just wondering how you were able to get it, if after the recall date?

He didn't he just got the external changed I believe. If you had an older cochlear product you are eligible for upgrading your external hardware when new a new one comes out. Doubt the OP got a new internal implant.

I upgraded from SPrint to N5 3 weeks ago. And for music I use Everyday map too, because I feel that I understand more than with Music map. I like song lyrics, so I want to understand it :) But I didn't test the Music map very much, so maybe it's just about getting used to it.

I use everyday aswell with my Freedom implant/N5 processor because it's much clearer.

(assuming youre using the wire at 100% input (no mic))

I've been using direct wire until today when I borrowed some Bose QC15 noise canceling headphones. Very much like the freedom of popping them on and off. They fit over my processor just fine and music sounds pretty slick. Will be testing some Sony headphones later this well.

P

FWIW the Bose QC15 work better for me then the Sony noise cancelling headphones - simply owing to the earphones fitting better over my device.

Back