Cochlear Implants: Sooner Is Better For Deaf Children

I thought about getting myself a CI since my health insurcane pays 100 percent but wont pay for hearing aids. My hubby is against CI and he rather for me to try digitial hearing aids first before proceeding CI.

I am able to hear things with my hearing aid (my aid is 12 yrs old btw) so I will try digital hearing aid first.. if same. I am not sure CI will give me the beneficial to hear things like I do with my hearing aid.

I know I have a lot of percentage of hearing loss. I am terrified of surgeries...if in car accident, can't be processed in MRI because of magnet issue.

sigh....

downing said:
I thought about getting myself a CI since my health insurcane pays 100 percent but wont pay for hearing aids. My hubby is against CI and he rather for me to try digitial hearing aids first before proceeding CI.

I am able to hear things with my hearing aid (my aid is 12 yrs old btw) so I will try digital hearing aid first.. if same. I am not sure CI will give me the beneficial to hear things like I do with my hearing aid.

I know I have a lot of percentage of hearing loss. I am terrified of surgeries...if in car accident, can't be processed in MRI because of magnet issue.

sigh....
Please go to http://www.bionicear.com and http://www.cochlear.com to read about MRI. you will find that both will let you have MRI regardless if you have CI or not.

Technology is always improving rapidly... just like everything from sidekick2 to car/tv/internet etc etc that you couldn't barely catch up.

Please do not rely on that Con list of DeafLibrary's they are outdated..

cheers!

Crazymanw00t said:
I am former of Cochlear Implant and I still have it inside me. It really invaded my body really. I was Cochlear Implanted when I was 4 years old and my parent made a decision. I am very upset with it, but I have to move it.

I know it is too strong comment but it's a fact.

What Channel are u on?

I got CI when i was 5 year old in 1984 or 1985.. My channel is 1..

Just curious what is yours..

Back