CNN) – Conservative talk-show host Glenn Beck apologized Friday after appearing to mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. :gpost:

I lean left, but am in the middle for most things. I end up being labeled as left by the right side, and right by the left side. It is just opinions, as you stated so well. I doubt anyone's opinions have changed much from reading the boards here. I certainly have not changed mine. At times, I have felt so strongly against someone that I considered voting for the other side, just to cancel them out. What inspires people to post the same crap daily is beyond me. I like to voice myself, then get out.

Feel free to be you.

cool, a centrist/moderate. Seems to be a rare thing those days.

Virginia - yeah... and now people are complaining.
New Jersey - only did it because the incumbent Democrat was being a fiscally conservative fink. Unfortunately, all of the other candidates were also preaching the same message, leaving NJ without much of a choice. So that fell down to simple anti-incumbentism.
Massachussetts - RINO....
Hawaii - two Democrats split the liberal vote. The GOP winner there was a pluralty winner.

Yup, NJ had republican governors before so nothing is new.

Virginia - yeah... and now people are complaining.
New Jersey - only did it because the incumbent Democrat was being a fiscally conservative fink. Unfortunately, all of the other candidates were also preaching the same message, leaving NJ without much of a choice. So that fell down to simple anti-incumbentism.
Massachussetts - RINO....
Hawaii - two Democrats split the liberal vote. The GOP winner there was a pluralty winner.

Any politician who goes into office will have people complain. Nothing new there. Name one politician who was able to satisfy everyone. If you can find one, let me know.

At least Christie is getting the job done to reel in the spending and get NJ out of debt. I suppose its better than see NJ go completely under by continuing to spend their way into debt even further? Yeah. That's the answer.

Mass - Yep. RINO. But boy did Obama lobby hard for the Democrat candidate.

Hawaii - Yep. And there is a Republican governor in Hawaii to boot and she's in her 2nd term, too. Maybe James Aiona will replace her in 2010? Who knows.

Any politician who goes into office will have people complain. Nothing new there. Name one politician who was able to satisfy everyone. If you can find one, let me know.

At least Christie is getting the job done to reel in the spending and get NJ out of debt. I suppose its better than see NJ go completely under by continuing to spend their way into debt even further? Yeah. That's the answer.

lol Christie getting job done? LOL! I'll believe it when I see it but from what I see - nope - we continue to dwindle deeper into debt. His idea to get out of it? Slash $820 million for schools and lay off thousands of state workers! oh and he "lied" about his campaign promise... He suspended property-tax rebate program. His budget cut and budget plan affects the middle class and below while the wealthy and most businesses are unaffected.

Well - the Democratic way (Corzine) didn't work. Now let's see if Christie's plan will work. :dunno:

Mass - Yep. RINO. But boy did Obama lobby hard for the Democrat candidate.

Hawaii - Yep. And there is a Republican governor in Hawaii to boot and she's in her 2nd term, too. Maybe James Aiona will replace her in 2010? Who knows.

lol Christie getting job done? LOL! I'll believe it when I see it but from what I see - nope - we continue to dwindle deeper into debt. His idea to get out of it? Slash $820 million for schools and lay off thousands of state workers! oh and he "lied" about his campaign promise... He suspended property-tax rebate program. His budget cut and budget plan affects the middle class and below while the wealthy and most businesses are unaffected.

Well - the Democratic way (Corzine) didn't work. Now let's see if Christie's plan will work. :dunno:

Yup, kokonut, you better to listen to Jiro because he is from NJ.

Sorry, not all republicans can keep debt under control but they cut important programs, such as education and highway so cause an issue with public schools.

Our state governor is republican but we are still have deep debt issue.

Yup, kokonut, you better to listen to Jiro because he is from NJ.

Sorry, not all republicans can keep debt under control but they cut important programs, such as education and highway so cause an issue with public schools.

Our state governor is republican but we are still have deep debt issue.

well I'll give Christie a small benefit of doubt. If he can do it - cool. bravo. If he can't - eh not surprised.

Cutting education and health programs seem... counterproductive. Yeah, you get short-term solutions, but the long-term consequences will be felt.

Over spending has it's own set of problems both short and long term, to an eventual collapse. I don't see anything worse than a complete financial collapse in the world of economy.

Cutting education and health programs seem... counterproductive. Yeah, you get short-term solutions, but the long-term consequences will be felt.

Absolutely. People don't seem to be able to look past the short term, though. Part of that instant gratification this society has come to love.

Part of that instant gratification this society has come to love.

:hmm: amazing......That is exactly what I see as the downfall of this country too. People buying houses,cars, clothes and video games/music when they don't have the money......or worse resulting to stealing this stuff because you want it know whether you deserve it or not. People living on government aid yet buying luxury/entertainment items.

:hmm: amazing......That is exactly what I see as the downfall of this country too. People buying houses,cars, clothes and video games/music when they don't have the money......or worse resulting to stealing this stuff because you want it know whether you deserve it or not. People living on government aid yet buying luxury/entertainment items.

:laugh2:

I wouldn't worry about them buying the stuff, since that money circulate in the economy. It's the ones living on government aids committing piracy and shoplifting luxury goods that makes my head shakes.

:laugh2:

I wouldn't worry about them buying the stuff, since that money circulate in the economy. It's the ones living on government aids committing piracy and shoplifting luxury goods that makes my head shakes.

Well buying only helps the economy when it is not later repossessed or for closed upon......

Why would people on government support be buying cars and houses? :confused:

Cause I need to have a mode of transportation that will last me years while I attend school and to pick up my children from a town 30 minutes away because ex-donkey hole wont drive the distance to drop them off here.

I bought a 2008 Dodge Avenger SLT, L cylinder (Not V- its a gas guzzler) only 28 thousand miles on it in March 2010.

Now its at 31,000. Yeah thats how much travel I have to do, to go to school and to Iowa City 6 hours away to make appointments there and to pick up my children. In town I walk, ride my bike, run if I have to.

I dont own a house. I have no other asset but that car. That's it.

Is that bad?

Cause I need to have a mode of transportation that will last me years while I attend school and to pick up my children from a town 30 minutes away because ex-donkey hole wont drive the distance to drop them off here.

I bought a 2008 Dodge Avenger SLT, L cylinder (Not V- its a gas guzzler) only 28 thousand miles on it in March 2010.

Now its at 31,000. Yeah thats how much travel I have to do, to go to school and to Iowa City 6 hours away to make appointments there and to pick up my children. In town I walk, ride my bike, run if I have to.

I dont own a house. I have no other asset but that car. That's it.

Is that bad?

I wish more could be done for people in that situation.....It's the people who take advantage of the system that I can't stand.

I understand, I feel that the money I am receiving should be saved for when I retire.

I can't because I was laid off back in March 2009 and the company took me off the recall list November 2009.

Employment was not much > 175 a week

So I went back to school, and applied for SSDB to get by and for the insurance.

I want off of it as soon as I finish school. I'm a working body, I dislike sitting around.

...at the same time...I get a lot of flak for getting the car. It's a need, not a luxury for me.

:aw:

I understand, I feel that the money I am receiving should be saved for when I retire.

I can't because I was laid off back in March 2009 and the company took me off the recall list November 2009.

Employment was not much > 175 a week

So I went back to school, and applied for SSDB to get by and for the insurance.

I want off of it as soon as I finish school. I'm a working body, I dislike sitting around.

...at the same time...I get a lot of flak for getting the car. It's a need, not a luxury for me.

:aw:

Absolutely.....it's not like you bought a Ferrari.

It's the single people that quit their jobs because they don't like the company that get to me......but that's just me.....I know many disagree with me.

Conflict Theory. A well know sociological theory that explains it well and is easilty applied to the concept of those lower income individuals that are told by society they must have certain things to be "successful", but not providing the means to achieve such. Result: rise in crime that you refer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back