CI Surgery approved today

Like all government organizations, you need to press them. Does she have Medicare supplemental insurance, has CI manufacturer submitted a claim along with an ENTs letter of medical necessity? She should receive an estimate on what is covered and what portion of the cost she is responsible for.

Some states cut down on CI for medicare. She needs to check with medicare again. Every year the rules have been changes a lot back to yes then forth to no. It never hurt to check every year anyway.

Some states cut down on CI for medicare. She needs to check with medicare again. Every year the rules have been changes a lot back to yes then forth to no. It never hurt to check every year anyway.

You mean medicaid? Medicare is a federal program, same rules apply to all states. But you may have a point now that Ovamacare has ramped up the entire program. :hmm:

image.jpg

My new additions.....I think they're pretty cool.

The little water proof baggies I bought from Cochlear.....not so cool.

Hey guys I have a question....I use my audio cable very infrequently, once a day if that. The other day the "little door" (don't know what it is called) that you open on the CI to insert the cable, fell off. The door fell off. We put it back on but ever since my audio cable does not work. We tested it and is definitely my CI. Is there a way I might have deactivated it? Have any of you had issues like this?

I took out my spare processor and the audio cable works. SO.....looks like I might need to send in my CI for repair already!!! Do I do this through my Audi or straight to Cochlear?

I am very honest...I am totally technically challenged. So I appreciate any help.

If you can send it in yourself and bypass your audi you will probably save yourself a couple hundred $. Good luck!

I typically go through AB directly myself, for repairs/replacements and orders of new batteries/etc. It's up to you, contact Cochlear directly, or go through your audie. Might be quicker to go through cochlear directly.

Because my audie/CI clinic is over 4 hours away from me, it's just easier for me to contact Ab directly.

Thanks for the help. It's not even two years old so I am sure they will repair it for free, right? My husbands going to call Cochlear and speak to one of their Representatives to see if we can get a referral for a better Audi. I've only had one mapping because the Audi I had was awful.

Thanks for the help. It's not even two years old so I am sure they will repair it for free, right? My husbands going to call Cochlear and speak to one of their Representatives to see if we can get a referral for a better Audi. I've only had one mapping because the Audi I had was awful.
"+'Nucleus 5 Warranty and Loss | Cochlear Americas'+"
Warranty and Loss

Warranty Information
Cochlear provides extensive warranty coverage

Should you have problems with any of your sound processor components while under warranty, we've got you covered. Every Nucleus® 5 Sound Processor comes with a three-year Standard Warranty. In addition, Cochlear Americas provides a supplemental warranty on specific components to provide a full three year warranty.

image.jpg

Tried the Cochlear waterproof baggies today. Super uncomfortable, made my ear sore and so unatractive.:giggle: I tried to tuck it in my hat but it didn't work. Definitely need to find something I can clip from my CI to my shirt.

I just read this. You can't possibly be saying you've only had one mapping in the 2 years you've had your CI? Are you saying you were activated and that was it?

You should have had at least 6 mappings by now, each improving the quality of your hearing.

Hope you get it figured out.

I just read this. You can't possibly be saying you've only had one mapping in the 2 years you've had your CI? Are you saying you were activated and that was it?

You should have had at least 6 mappings by now, each improving the quality of your hearing.

Hope you get it figured out.

After activation I have only had one true mapping. I went for the 2nd one but failed the hearing booth test due to severe tinnitus. I couldn't do the beep test and my audi seemed super frustrated. I ended up leaving there with worse hearing than I went in with. She couldn't explain why and said all my settings were set back to what I went in with.

I take all the blame. I can hear some and kind of felt that with all my other health issues....why mess with a good thing.

I am going to contract Cochlear and hopefully they can send me in the right direction to an audi with a lot of experience with unusual people.

I do want to say that I love my CI and am incredibly grateful that I can hear what I do now.

Really get on the ball with that. Special circumstances or not. .... 2 total mapping appointments is nowhere near sufficient to get you where it should be. You could be missing out on much better hearing.

It doesn't sound right to be doing booth testing on the second appointment. That is normally done at the 6th month.

I have an appointment this Thursday with my CI surgeon. Hopefully he can make some suggestions on where I need to go.

Really get on the ball with that. Special circumstances or not. .... 2 total mapping appointments is nowhere near sufficient to get you where it should be. You could be missing out on much better hearing.

It doesn't sound right to be doing booth testing on the second appointment. That is normally done at the 6th month.

I don't remember but do you have 2 CI's. I've been thinking that maybe since I only have one CI and totally deaf unaided on the other that could be why I struggle. I am looking forward to more mappings and hopefully an increase in my hearing.

I don't remember but do you have 2 CI's. I've been thinking that maybe since I only have one CI and totally deaf unaided on the other that could be why I struggle. I am looking forward to more mappings and hopefully an increase in my hearing.

I am unilateral, but that is how I grew up. You should absolutely pursue going bilateral. The vast majority who have taken that path absolutely love it and it only made it that much better.

Between getting your current implant mapped further and your other ear implanted, you should definitely experience an increase.

I saw my CI surgeon today. He said things all look good. Thank god there was a new audi, fresh out of school. She was so so so smart. She taught us so many different things about my CI. My primary CI has to be sent in for repair, the AC cable does not work in it. My backup CI is having issues, it won't map the same as my primary. Audi is going to contact Cochlear tomorrow and will let me know. I'm almost exactly at the 2 year mark so we have to take care of this ASAP.

Interesting....She gave us information about getting a free phone, free smoke detectors, plus other equipment for deaf people. We also found out that there is an hearing aid setting on my cel phone. I can't believe my first audi showed us nothing. I am a little upset that both CI's already need to be sent in for repairs.

OMG I am so friggin stressed over all of this. Now I can't hear nearly as well as I did prior to my audi appointment. Everything sounds like talking into a tin can. Of course my tinnitus is roaring from all the beeps. Sorry but it sucks to be totally deaf yet everything is so loud. Taking off my CI does not help with the tinnitus. Oh and today my CI surgeon tells me that mapping a CI when someone has horrific tinnitus is almost impossible. SMH!!!

Needed to vent....sorry.

Back