CI Recepients - Battery Issues?

Mrs.Summers

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone who has a CI have had any issues with the battery just cutting out several times a day or if ur batteries are dying way too fast?? My husband is getting really frustrated that his large batteries (which are supposed to last 14 hrs on his particular setting) are only lasting no more than 5 hrs. Also, we'll be sitting here having a conversation and his battery will go out for no reason. He takes the battery out and plugs it back in, and then it comes back. It's weird. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having or has had the same problems with their CI.

Thanks!

Evita

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right at all. What model does he have? Talk to the audiologist about it.

I can only think it's a very old model.

It is common that rechargables wears down after a year of good usage, could it be old battery?

If it's new battery, it could be faulty.

Well, he's only had these for a few weeks. Everything is pretty brand new. The audiologist explained to us yesterday (after I posted), that some Advanced Bionics recipients have this issue and it's because of a software glitch. Apparently, there is an update that will fix the battery cutting off. She also had the settings all wrong to improve battery life. Good thing too because I'm sure it's frustrating for him. So all is well!. Yay!. I wasn't sure if it might be a common problem or not.

Thanks!!
Evita

Back