CI - Bipolar electrodes connection

radka73

Reaction score
Anyone have bipolar electrode connection?
Are off the ground electrode - implant body and the ground roller. Currents are fed into the cochlea.
How do you hear?

Not sure what you are asking, but as far as I know, Cochlear's internal circuitry includes a 'ground' wire near your cochlea. All signals are transmitted in DC volts, and all electrical current needs to go somewhere after it is converted to heat, which is why we have the ground wire.

AB & Med El users: do you also have a ground wire planted near your cochlea?

As I understand my Cochlear Implant- the Cochlea is bypassed with the electrodes directly connected to the "nerves" which transmit to the brain . Thus it is" sound" transmitted. Our brain "accepts" as "sound".
As for the electrical configurations-no idea. I use a rechargeable battery which last about a day-till bed time.

I have a CI N5.
Yes, Green427 understand.
I got off one ground wire. There are two.
Now the current is conducted through it into the cochlea.
But I have one program that passes through both off ground wires directly to the cochlea.
There was a problem in burning grounding electrodes in the implant site.

If the basic reason for getting a Cochlear Implant in the first place is "overcome the fact" that the Cochlea isn't "working"- thus one is DEAF? aside: Bilateral DEAF since December 20, 2006.

This what is understand when I got my Cochlear Implant in the first place-5 years ago.

Perhaps an email to Cochlear Corporation would answer your question re: their product.

This I wrote technician who sets CI.

1) Let bipolar stimulation - currents flow only in the cochlea.
I do not know what to tell you, but the problem would disappear with a "feeling
Implant ". Streams flowed out of the cochlea.

2) We will try again monopolar mode with a single grounding electrode (ground
Electrode implant body is a cylindrical electrode under temporal
Muscle ).
Let off eg roller electrode or implant body. In
Past similar problem with feeling / tan other implant
Clients manages to solve. During his last visit to your
Tried, but it was fast orintační testing. And each time it was
Present growl.

The reply from the technician doesn't make much sense to me. I am not an electrical engineer but does have an Implant- since August 2007.

Try customer services of Cochlear Corporation saying the above doesn't make much sense to you. Hopefully they can answer you.

This I wrote technician who sets CI.

1) Let bipolar stimulation - currents flow only in the cochlea.
I do not know what to tell you, but the problem would disappear with a "feeling
Implant ". Streams flowed out of the cochlea.

2) We will try again monopolar mode with a single grounding electrode (ground
Electrode implant body is a cylindrical electrode under temporal
Muscle ).
Let off eg roller electrode or implant body. In
Past similar problem with feeling / tan other implant
Clients manages to solve. During his last visit to your
Tried, but it was fast orintační testing. And each time it was
Present growl.

Sorry, but I cannot comprehend what was said above, but if it says what i think it says:

I can tell you this: Current always flows from positive to negative. The negative electrode needs to be as close to the cochlea as possible. And, the electrodes on the tip must be tightly pressed against the surfaces of the cochlea. If they are not, there will be arcing (miniature lightning strikes) between the electrode and the surface. The voltage is so low, makes me wonder if it is actually happening.

If you move the negative electrode farther away from the cochlea, you are increasing total resistance, which means the CI has to put out even more power to overcome the resistance.

My English is not very good.
Current is conducted from the implant through the grounding electrode under the temporal muscle to the electrodes in the cochlea.
The grounding electrode is custom implant MP1 and MP2, the grounding electrode under the temporal muscle (ground roll).
What causes a burning sensation at the implant magnet?
Pain at the site where the implant?
The pressure in the ear?

After about 2 hours it is worn sound processor impossible.
The environment is moderately busy.

Back