CI/BAHA Evaluation Scheduled

AMazieLN

Reaction score
So excited! I go to LA on July 11 for my evaluation! I'm so nervous already!

Can anyone tell me what to expect?

HEI, I assume? With the loss you are citing in your sig, I don't think Baha figures into the picture unless your loss is conductive.

They'll put you in the booth and run you through tests, assuming you are seeing an audiologist. Failing the testing is a good thing :) .

that's great! my friend is having her CI on July 16 and 17 since she has bilateral surgery and another friend of mine is getting hers on the 6th!

It is a question of fact: exactly what is your " hearing loss"- Sensorineural OR Conductive?
A Cochlear Implant will be of no value to the"conductive loss".

Her Bone Conduction is pretty good and I was told, it doesn't matter what side you put it on, will test both sides.

My friend has a BAHA and she could make the choice on which side she wanted it as they said it would let you hear in both ears.

Either way, good luck. :)

I still love your purple aid. Is the aid colour quite dark or is it a light colour? Looks dark in your picture but on AliciaM picture looks light. :)

It is a question of fact: exactly what is your " hearing loss"- Sensorineural OR Conductive?
A Cochlear Implant will be of no value to the"conductive loss".

This is an interesting question for me, I'm seriously thinking about trying to get a CI. I have otosclerosis and cochlear otosclerosis so I have mixed loss, bone conduction loss AND sensorineural.

My loss is mixed. Pure tone results average 92dB, bone conduction averages 36dB.

Her Bone Conduction is pretty good and I was told, it doesn't matter what side you put it on, will test both sides.

My friend has a BAHA and she could make the choice on which side she wanted it as they said it would let you hear in both ears.

Either way, good luck. :)

I still love your purple aid. Is the aid colour quite dark or is it a light colour? Looks dark in your picture but on AliciaM picture looks light. :)

My avatar is very true-to-color to the actual aid on my screen. Not sure about your screen.

my pic may have looked lighter because of the flash! lol but it is a dark purple not a light purple :P

Ambrosia: Only an ENT doctor can answer your question.

I have mentioned before the actual experiences of Sunnybrook/Toronto since 1984. Evaluated 3000 persons for Cochlear Implants but only 1000 of which I was one- were "suitable" INFO: patients meeting late last year.

Other centres: unknown.

If you were to be told both BAHA or CI won't work.
There is a BAHA that works for a conductive loss and sensi loss.
Only downside it is bodyworn. My friend had that one. She was told BAHA would not work but they hadn't even tried the bodyworn. She was the one who mentioned it to them and she has it. Can find out that name if you want? She was glad she done the research as she was told no BAHA or CI.

Hope it works out for you :)

Back