Choking game..

Eve said:
:bsflag: No morgue would allow children in to see bodies. Pictures, maybe, but not bodies.

Yes they do, There's a program ( I can't remember the name ) that help young teenagers get out what they're into such as prostitution , drugs, gangs etc....They showed them young teenagers or a child bodies to help them relized it could be them one day, if they don't get out of what they're doing because they're putting their lives in danger... they did not show them pictures they show them the dead bodies in the morgue...If you still don't believe me that's fine cause it's fact and it did happened...

Sorry for going off the topic here...

:Ohno: I have never, ever heard of this game before in my life. How old are these children that play these games, and where do they get these ideas from? Do they realize they would eventually die from this game?
Oh this is so sad, for young children's lives to be taken so quickly over an awful game.
I am sorry for these poor innocent children who's lives have been taken by this horrendous game.
Fuzzy thank you for this great posting, because I truly learned something tonight.

Unfortunately as young as 13, 11 even.
They get this idea from their peers who often will dare them or ask why not?

I don't think they understand how grave a danger they are putting themselves in.
sadly some of them they get so hooked on the feeling of "high" they continue doing it even if they are warned they might die.

There are some warning signs, I am told. I am sure you can research the subject on Google.
For example, this is informative:
http://lungdiseases.about.com/b/a/192765.htm

Fuzzy

CODAchild said:
Fuzzy thank you for this great posting, because I truly learned something tonight.

Me too, I've never heard of anything like this before and I've learned something about this game, and I just hope my boys don't get into something like this.... :shock: ..

So you're not alone in this CODAchild :hug:

Audiofuzzy said:
Unfortunately as young as 13, 11 even.
They get this idea from their peers who often will dare them or ask why not?

11 and 13? :-o ... That's soo young!

^Angel^ said:
11 and 13? :-o ... That's soo young!

It's also due to 'peer pressure', the acts of living up to what the older ones are into and trying to 'fit in'...it's a sad fact and way of life for some of the younger ones....

--off-topic-- This thread reminds me of young kids 'huffing', in the same manner, following the trendy ways of what older ones are into, sadly, a lot of 'huffing' (sniffing general cleaning products, lighter fluid, glue, etc.,) ends tragically in death--

Eve said:
:bsflag: No morgue would allow children in to see bodies. Pictures, maybe, but not bodies. And even to show pictures, they would require permission from the family of the deceased.

Why?

There´re every dead bodies on TV medias, newspapers, real life, etc. Also bodyworlds muesum, too. We went there in summer 2003. It´s very interesting... It´s meanfuling for the children to see and learn anything.

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/home.asp

Angel
Yes they do, There's a program ( I can't remember the name ) that help young teenagers get out what they're into such as prostitution , drugs, gangs etc....They showed them young teenagers or a child bodies to help them relized it could be them one day, if they don't get out of what they're doing because they're putting their lives in danger... they did not show them pictures they show them the dead bodies in the morgue...

Exactly!

With all due respect, Deafdyke do you have children?

First of all it is normal for children and teenagers to feel invincible. "bad things happen to others, not to THEM".
Even the smartest kid, well educated by parents on all sorts of stuff have a chance to get to do something dangerously stupid.
No I don't have kids. However, this isn't about not wearing a bike helmet or a seatbelt.......You get choked....your air supply cuts off.....you're DEAD....HELLO!!!! How do they think the Boston Strangler killed his victims? How do they think cowboys lynched their victims?
I dunno.....anyone who would do this choking thing definitly has a HUGE HUGE lack of either street smarts or is one of those folks who is "Urrrrm....Who's President Bush?"

DeafDyke, many kids think they're invincible. They don't have a full grip on the concept of dying or death till a loved one dies in their childhood/adolscent years.

I didn't think I was invincible at all and yes, some people did die in my childhood which taught me a lot about life. However, I knew too many kids who acted as if they cannot get hurt or killed till they fall and having their teeth fall out onto the pavement.

It's not stupidity, it's the lack of understanding the concept of death.

many kids think they're invincible.
What does THAT have to do with anything? Yes, there are some kids who think they're invincable.....but, it seems like the majority of the kids who do this sort of thing are the kids who are just bound and determined to get high through any and every means possible. Like the kids who get high off of sniffing White-Out.....There are a lot of kids with just NO common sense whatsoever.....the type that has a frat-boy mentality.....*wooo....if it feels good, there's nothing wrong with it*"

deafdyke said:
What does THAT have to do with anything? Yes, there are some kids who think they're invincable.....but, it seems like the majority of the kids who do this sort of thing are the kids who are just bound and determined to get high through any and every means possible. Like the kids who get high off of sniffing White-Out.....There are a lot of kids with just NO common sense whatsoever.....the type that has a frat-boy mentality.....*wooo....if it feels good, there's nothing wrong with it*"

What does that have to do with anything?

EVERYTHING!

EVERYTHING!

Exactly, Deafdyke.

believe me I too, was one of those persons who thought they knew everything about kids until... I got one.

Some things you just have to experience by yourself to understand. Like breaking your arm to understand what does it hurt like.
You can imagine, of course, and understand that it hurts - but unless you break your own you have no idea what it's like.
same with kids.

Even teachers who don't have their own kids sometimes do not understand what it's like to be a kid.
Trust me I had such a teacher, and my mom was a teacher also and when we discussed this lady my mom said "that's because she never had her own.."

a-men !!!

Fuzzy

Back