Chess clubs for the deaf and hard of hearing???

redfire53

Reaction score
Hello everyone, do you have a chess club for the deaf and hard of hearing in your state or city???

Hmm, No unfortunately there's no Chess clubs for the deaf/hoh people around here in this state. As far as I know, There's a deaf club in Southern Indiana (Jeffersonville, IN) which is across the river from Louisville.

you don't really need to hear when playing chess though.... just play your pieces and collect your money if you win :cool2:

nope, not in my local but it'll be cool if they have it one. i'd play.

Not that I know about. I do like playing chess though.

Hmm, No unfortunately there's no Chess clubs for the deaf/hoh people around here in this state. As far as I know, There's a deaf club in Southern Indiana (Jeffersonville, IN) which is across the river from Louisville.

Thanks for this information, Jolie77. Well, I am still looking for hearing chess clubs then.

Thanks for this information, Jolie77. Well, I am still looking for hearing chess clubs then.

You're welcome. If I hear anything more about this or any kind of information from the deaf community around here, I'll let you know. :)

I always play chess games in deaf chess club in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Deaf Chess Clubs are very popular in Europe, where's in America? I'm disappointed.

you play, Authentic? umm..

i used to be part of chess club during my HS years for just my lesiure when there are days that have no practice days or so. During my freshmen year, there were biggest tournament in my school, Chess tournament and i walked all the way till i got biggest upset and [blink] my queen is gone, system went downfall, i couldn recover it and lost. I walked out with 3rd place out of 37. Sophomore, i won 3rd place AGAIN!! Junior year, finally CHAMPION and senior year, i walked out being a REPEAT CHAMPION. After i graduated and i got gift from chess club's sponsor: Chess set and scrapbook of 4 years of Chess. Sweet gift.

I went to RIT, i asked several ppl to play chess and guess what? they SMOKED me up so badly but i am learning the tricks n trades, now im in competition level and left RIT to transferred to SJSU, havent play chess ever since.

Back