Checkmate?

Hey, guys. It's just me or not, I still noticed some crazy anti-Deaf people came to his blog. :confused: Funny, if they don't like deaf people, why did they visit his blog? :hmm:

Hey, guys. It's just me or not, I still noticed some crazy anti-Deaf people came to his blog. :confused: Funny, if they don't like deaf people, why did they visit his blog? :hmm:

Umm... dont know who your refering to.... but just want to make one thing clear; stem cells can H E L P deaf people. I joined this forum because I became completely deaf in my right ear.. and I have found some threads extremely helpful. But at the same time I noticed an anti-Stem cell group thats not the same as PRO deaf group - which I somewhat understandable (people dont like change) but I thought I could logically explain the defend stem cells because there are a GOOD thing for deaf/HOH people.

BTW - Your post sounds like you think people HATE you for being deaf? That is not true!

Thank you! I love the quackwatch site... it's been a while since I checked that site. A lot of people who believe in silly things hate him with passion.

The thing is he's right - he demands evidence or proof of a claim and they have failed.... over and over.

People just don't realize how duped they are with a lot of things and even doctors are dishonest or deluded.

We already have technology that we can grow skin or even a nose BUT they're verified. They're proven. They're able to replicate in further experiments therefore it's a fact.

Also, note that having your own stem cell is NOT safe as it said, "Others have noted that people who receive their own stem cells might be prone to repeat the same disease."

We have gene engineering therapy and while it may provide the results, the side effects aren't and sometimes cause death. Genetic engineering is a very complex process and it's not something you just "tinker" with.

We're working on monoclonal therapies and they all cause nasty side effects although it may treat the disease. Some died due to the complications of monoclonal therapies.

There is credible stem cell research, as noted in the article posted above. This research is currently taking place at universities. Not by people trying to turn a buck. If you're interested in stem cells, try to get in a credible study at an university.

I know that there's a trial in a local medical school where I live in which patients are being treated with adult stem cells for heart damage. Be aware that when you participate in a study, take a certain amount of risk, which should be fully disclosed.

There is credible stem cell research, as noted in the article posted above. This research is currently taking place at universities. Not by people trying to turn a buck. If you're interested in stem cells, try to get in a credible study at an university.

I know that there's a trial in a local medical school where I live in which patients are being treated with adult stem cells for heart damage. Be aware that when you participate in a study, take a certain amount of risk, which should be fully disclosed.

Your own stem cells can treat heart disease, study suggests - this came out today!

Dr. Grekos also highlighted several case studies to illustrate his team's success with Adult Stem Cells. According to their findings, cardiac disease patients experience an average increase of 21% in ejection rates as well as measurable improvements in congestive heart failure class status, some in as little as one month post-treatment. "We are able to bring patients from a Class IV congestive heart failure status to a Class II status in less than 180 days,"
Stem Cells Poised To Grow Organs For Transplant

So, in considering "risk" for a person with a Class IV congestive heart failure status taking this new medical procedure is hardly worth an after thought when the patient could die at any moment.

I see some red flags here:

*Panacea/cure all - claims that stem cells can cure everything

*Antidotal evidence - personal experience without peer reviewed double blind testing

*Possible remission or placebo explanation

*Claims by provider that their work is being suppressed or that they are being persecuted by the main stream medical community

*Playing on hope - a cure for a non-treatable condition giving people hope - if the medical community could cure it, they would do so

*A huge financial incentive - including brokers who will arrange your medical tourism

I recommend being informed consumers and checking out any provider or treatment very carefully.

Antidotal? You mean anecdotal.

For adult stem cells and you can see just how varied they are in treating a long list of conditions and ailments that are just starting to begin and realizing the bigger potential here. Blind studies, clinical trials and approved medical procedures are still going on.

Thanks for the link and the information. If I were to take an interest in this subject, I know where to go. What ticks me off is that these people scam others who are hoping for a cure..

You're welcome, DS. We're all vulnerable. Most of us have tried at least one commercial diet looking for the easy way to stay trim.

Back