cellphone

Belinda Dill

Reaction score
hi im belinda dill. i want to know what is the best cellphone for deaf? i have a current c. phone, samsung with texting. i would think about get or buy a new cellphone. i dont care for samsung at all but it was my eldest daughter bought those for me as xmas gift at 3 yrs ago.
what is the best brand?
thanks, belinda

I have Blackberry curve with AT&T and my husband has Sidekick with T-Moblile.

When my contract expires, I am planning to go back to Sidekick with T-Mobile. It has bigger keyboard and is better for typing, and I feel my husband's mobile internet with T-Mobile is better than mine.

I can't get a contract plan for any of them so I go with Trac Fone and just do texting on a Motorola phone.

Mod's Note:

Thread's moved to proper location.

I currently use sidekick 3. I'm planning to get a blackberry soon.

It depends what kind of cellphone you want to use.

Do you want to use texting, emailing, instant messengers and internet browsing?

or just texting only?

A cellphone that takes pictures, video etc?

Mod's Note:

Thread's moved to proper location.

I currently use sidekick 3. I'm planning to get a blackberry soon.

It depends what kind of cellphone you want to use.

Do you want to use texting, emailing, instant messengers and internet browsing?

or just texting only?

A cellphone that takes pictures, video etc?
I am also looking at getting a phone. If you plan on using the keyboard a lot, seems to me that a Sidekick of some kind is best. As for which version.. if you can afford LX 2009.. if not.. well.. i'm still trying to figure that out :S
*EQL*

I think its more of what you want to do then finding whats the best phone for deaf. To me, anything with full qwerty keyboard is best deaf phone. texting from a regular cellphone numeric pad is a good way to have problems. Also I assume you don't have a budget ? or worry about how much you spend per month ? all these factors comes into play.

A lot of Deaf people i have met and hang out with use different phones, varying with age. Usually the older crowd, use blackberry cause of all the different accounts they have or if its for work too. They have access to emails, IM's, and text.If you have verizon ive seen some use the one that flips open, somewhat similar to a sidekick.

Deafscooter using Video Confence on Cell Phone like Nokia n70 Phone since 3 years
and i contine using on high level VideoPhone in smallest keyboard in Slide Cel Phone

here is ====>>> https://www.samstores.com/_images/products/nokia-n70.jpg

Then my Current this Smallest Vid-Phone with Vista Software in 2 year old to now
attachment.php

====================================================

Back