Cell Phones then and now

Grummer

Reaction score
1467275_567545179982182_1633525953_n_zpsf355c52e.jpg

What a load of crap.

I had a Nokia 3330, which is the one shown on the left. Would the battery last 3-4 days on standby? Sure. In much the same way the iPhone 5 used as their counterpoint will, on standby. I sometimes have my iPhone 4 play music to me all night and it barely consumes any battery doing so.

Bumps protection included? Integrated? What does that even mean? If they're trying to make a point about iPhone bumpers, one I got mine free from Apple and a full case free from my service provider; two the 3330 was famous for the sheer number of replacement cases sold for it, leading us conveniently to...

'Bump limit without breaking'. No way in hell would a 3330 survive falling three floors. What's more, it will smash the crappy plastic casing into pieces doing so... the dark days of watching someone's phone fall and the faceplate going one way, the backplate another, the rubber keys still another and there goes the battery and possibly the SIM? Those days are practically gone. There was an entire industry built around selling replacement/decorative cases for the 3330 and other phones of the era, such was their affinity for breaking themselves apart. Now, my iPhone has survived a few drops onto hard surfaces without breaking anything... partly because I have a rubber casing on it, I guess. It's not the one I got free with the phone, but is that really the point? Who uses their smartphone without a case on it? Are you that determined to not protect your investment that you can't spend 1% of its value on something to keep it safe?

Lifetime: Still works. Well, great. The smartphones haven't had a chance to prove themselves yet. My iPhone 4 is over three years old and going strong.

Typing speed? Do you prefer to scroll between incorrect predictive suggestions or between incorrect autocorrect suggestions? I used to post on the internet using predictive text on my 6230i and then my N95. I thought it was fine and dandy until I got the iPhone with its full keyboard.

Enjoy this link: every phone ever, with pictures: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia-phones-1.php

Funny, I had Nokia before and it's drain battery so quick than iPhone when you use voice a lot or text a lot it's almost same like iPhone.

iPhone can do 3-5 days if you turned it off.

It's kind true about software update and bumps.

Sometimes technology goes backwards a little to make room for better technologies.

When cellphones adopted texting for hearing people, that seemed like a step back and I always wondered back then if the next development for hearing people would be adding a telegraph system to their phones..lol

Having Samsung Note 3, and the battery lasts me 2 days at most, sometimes 3 depending on my usage. When I had Samsung SG3, it lasted me a day at most, sometimes 2 if I don't use a lot. So far I'm pretty happy with the battery life it gets.

Man, I need to upgrade!!! Still have this Galaxy. ( Yes the original...we're talking 4 or 5 years old here! ) :laugh2: My battery dies every few hours... I think it's time to lay it to rest. Looking at the Sony Xperia or the LG G2.... I've heard a lot of bad things about LG... Not to mention the elevators at work are LG and they stall and break down all the time... :hmm:

Time to grab a shovel and make a grave for your phone. Hope your next phone will be much better for your needs.

Man, I need to upgrade!!! Still have this Galaxy. ( Yes the original...we're talking 4 or 5 years old here! ) :laugh2: My battery dies every few hours... I think it's time to lay it to rest. Looking at the Sony Xperia or the LG G2.... I've heard a lot of bad things about LG... Not to mention the elevators at work are LG and they stall and break down all the time... :hmm:

God willing.... I do like the Sony though.... It's so preeeeetty.... :P Everyone keeps trying to tell me to get the iphone.... I really don't like the iphone...

My sister tried the iPhone5, she didn't like it, she returned it and got Samsung SG4 and she likes it better. Of course any phone is a phone... :P

God willing.... I do like the Sony though.... It's so preeeeetty.... :P Everyone keeps trying to tell me to get the iphone.... I really don't like the iphone...

:laugh2: As long as it texts and plays music loud ( because hearing music with a CI isn't always easy as some of us know :P ) I'm pretty happy with a phone. Oh, I don't want something taking up 100% of my pocket and making it awkward to sit either. :P

:laugh2: As long as it texts and plays music loud ( because hearing music with a CI isn't always easy as some of us know :P ) I'm pretty happy with a phone. Oh, I don't want something taking up 100% of my pocket and making it awkward to sit either. :P

If you are still happy with everything else about your currant phone you could get a new battery. Even rechargeable batteries age to the point that they don't hold a charge like new and eventually don't charge at all.

This apply for people who have million text/call daily. Not me.

This apply for people who have million text/call daily. Not me.

What is the "this" you are referring to? Even if you write immediately after reading something other things can post before your comment. Please "quote" the post you are commenting on.

yeah it is stylish i agree...but its it an android??oh yes it does and its Jellybean!!
grab grab if you can afford it, I like it too
here's a link dang, better than HTC, Samsung which they been hogging the media attention...

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-z/

I myself have an aging HTC Sensation, still working strong...but I think come 2014, I'd probaby go Sony too...be different...and smarter...its actually Better..

i wonder why Jellybean hasnt been raved about...have i missed something, anyone know?

Can't wait to dump my Droid X2. Its my first mobile ever, and when Verizon contract is up I'm switching to an AT&T plan via Costco and probably going with a Galaxy model. Maybe MOTO X.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Has anyone ever tried installing a battery saver? I have one on my cell phone, and the battery life went from 4 hrs to nearly 12 hours. I would recommend Easy Battery Saver for your phone, as it'll extend your battery life big time.

yeah it is stylish i agree...but its it an android??oh yes it does and its Jellybean!!
grab grab if you can afford it, I like it too
here's a link dang, better than HTC, Samsung which they been hogging the media attention...

Xperia Z | Smartphone - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)

I myself have an aging HTC Sensation, still working strong...but I think come 2014, I'd probaby go Sony too...be different...and smarter...its actually Better..

I did think about getting the HTC 1, it's a little more pricey than I'm willing to fork out for. I just can't ever justify spending almost a Thousand dollars on a phone that I'll be replacing in a year or two anyway, and that will be outdated in a month or two. *smh* The Sony is at least almost free to me through T-Mobile. :P

Back