Cell phone headset for deaf?

Sanctum1972

Reaction score
Hello,

I used to own a HATIS headset for my BTE hearing aid with my LG cell phone but Verizon stopped selling them which angered me..but I got it for $50 bucks which is cheap than what the manufacturer was selling for.
I also have a Plantronics bulky headset but I hate it..I want the smaller/lightweight headsets for cell phones that can work with BTE hearing aids.
I need them since I work with my hands on the computer and doing artwork, even driving as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

If you got that for $50, then yeah, you got it totally on the cheap. When did you get it? Was it after Verizon did their in-store promotion for "Deaf Awareness Month" back in May of 2002? If it was way after that, then the HATIS set you got was overstock from that terrible promotional deal. Good deal for you.

There aren't any other sets, to be honest. HATIS has a patent on it, if I recall correctly. I don't know of any other up to date wireless headset out there.

Hatis

Dennis said:
If you got that for $50, then yeah, you got it totally on the cheap. When did you get it? Was it after Verizon did their in-store promotion for "Deaf Awareness Month" back in May of 2002? If it was way after that, then the HATIS set you got was overstock from that terrible promotional deal. Good deal for you.

There aren't any other sets, to be honest. HATIS has a patent on it, if I recall correctly. I don't know of any other up to date wireless headset out there.

I don't have HATIS anymore..it was defective and Verizon ran out of it after I returned to Cleveland from Vermont :/. I got it in the fall of 2003 in Vermont.
I'm a bit disturbed that Jabra and other cos. don'nt take advantage of this. Are they this DUMB as a rock not to notice our market?

-Adam

To answer that, you'll have to ask Jabra yourself. I know that until federal law required it, almost zero cell phones were T-Coil compatible. It may be the same until the law requires all hands free sets to be compatible. It's almost a self-defeating market -- create a hands free set for hearing impaired people to use cell phones they can't hear on?

yes

Fitnessfreak said:
Try T-coil. it works wonder!!!!

It can be use to Ipod or cell phone

I used to have HATIS..so I know what it's like using it. I may not have a choice but to ask my sister in Vermont to get one for me over there since I think they may have some of them left over.

-Adam

Sanctum1972 said:
Hello,

I used to own a HATIS headset for my BTE hearing aid with my LG cell phone but Verizon stopped selling them which angered me..but I got it for $50 bucks which is cheap than what the manufacturer was selling for.
I also have a Plantronics bulky headset but I hate it..I want the smaller/lightweight headsets for cell phones that can work with BTE hearing aids.
I need them since I work with my hands on the computer and doing artwork, even driving as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

What model of LG mobile do u have ? Maybe i can research on info for that type of model cuz i work at Cingular Wireless.

thanks.

deafclimber said:
What model of LG mobile do u have ? Maybe i can research on info for that type of model cuz i work at Cingular Wireless.

thanks.

I own an LGVX4500..it's hearing aid compatible but I prefer headsets so I can drive and work w/ 2 hands.

-Adam

Sanctum, if it's HATIS you'er looking for, just get one directly from HATIS instead of whining and trying to find one on the cheap. Or, heck, check eBay, maybe they have cheap auctions of HATIS sets.

dennis is right that you need to get Hatis headsets for your mobile. i researched on that mobile's accessories which i found not enough to get the informations.

sorry and good luck.

Back