Celebrity Parenting...

Lau2046

Reaction score
You have to wonder what this type of excessive spending teaches children:

Blue Ivy, Jay-Z's Daughter, Given $1 Million A Year Nursery At Barclays Center

s-BLUE-IVY-JAYZ-large.jpg
Jay-Z and Beyonce watch a game at Barclays Center.

Blue Ivy Carter is no stranger to luxurious amenities. The daughter of Jay-Z and Beyonce is known to play in hot tubs, sport designer footwear and sail the Mediterranean Sea on a yacht.
So, it comes as no surprise that Jay would want to set up his little girl with some posh digs when he's watching Brooklyn Nets games at the Barclays Center. According to Us Weekly, the "Watch the Throne" rapper rents a nursery downstairs for baby Blue -- and it's not cheap.
"Jay rents a luxurious basement suite for $1 million a year," a source tells the magazine. "It has an area for Blue filled with toys."
And the space does double-duty as a hangout for Jay's adult pals.
"It's all glass with a champagne bar and TV screen," says the source. "Jay lets friends use his digs when he's not there."
Sounds as if the suite would make a nice backdrop for Blue's first birthday bash. That's right, baby Carter turns 1 next week.

You could argue they are spoiling the kids, but with that kind of money will they ever have to live in the real world?

I wouldn't do it, but, seriously, would they?

if you got money, your children are assets... They could teach them to live the hard way, but why bother if you don't care and have money?

(generalized statement)

It just bothers when people go that crazy with money and to think somewhere there are children living without many things they need. If I had their money I was live below my means and give much of my income to charity to help others that are struggling. Last year I had a lot of stuffed wolves that I collected that were really starting to number....so I looked up a children's hospital and donated them all to the patients there. I shocked by the reaction I got. They said I was the first person to give those children gifts and they sent me a nice letter to thank me. Why can't these people buy something reasonable for their child and give the rest to a hopital to help those going through things scary and difficult? Maybe it's just me but I think it's ego when they drop that kind of money. After all throwing that kind of cash on a child doesn't mean love, it's just showing off.....

Laura

It just bothers when people go that crazy with money and to think somewhere there are children living without many things they need. If I had their money I was live below my means and give much of my income to charity to help others that are struggling. Last year I had a lot of stuffed wolves that I collected that were really starting to number....so I looked up a children's hospital and donated them all to the patients there. I shocked by the reaction I got. They said I was the first person to give those children gifts and they sent me a nice letter to thank me. Why can't these people buy something reasonable for their child and give the rest to a hopital to help those going through things scary and difficult? Maybe it's just me but I think it's ego when they drop that kind of money. After all throwing that kind of cash on a child doesn't mean love, it's just showing off.....

Laura

Most celebrities do give to charities, they just don't advertise it.
Did you know that Oprah Winfrey, for instance, build up a school in some country in Africa with her own money? it costed her millions of her own dollars
to do that.
Oprah Winfrey opens school for girls in South Africa - USATODAY.com

Noni -> Charity

look yourself:
Celebrities supporting charities dealing with Children

btw, I don't know how much money you make now, but I doubt if you work and make a decent salary,
you shop at Value Village and Dollar Store - ALL THE TIME, and send whatevere you save to poor pple :)

I however applaud your gesture of sending the toys to the children!

Fuzzy

yes Audiofuzzy, that is fantastic to do that too (what Oprah did), but you need to realise she'd even richer...(and is (or was?) a talk back show presenter who happens real insight from talking with real people about real issues (wouldn't say its all is genuine, 'life interest' IS a kind of genre what can generate millions as the shows proved it nevertheless, Oprah did actually took some issue into heart and sought to do something about it. BUt then,...right at home (your country - USA) have a lot of their own problems it, its kinda of strange to not to deal with your own backyard (home country) but somewhere else.. just my opinion.
also that, she's a BILLIONAIRE, she has WAY too much, showing off with a measly $1 mill a year is laughable compared to what Orpah shelled out, but then again they (Jay-Z and Beyonce) arent quite at the level of wealth as Oprah is, but sitll Laura is right, its alot about showing off, i'd argue its more of an unconscious showing off. wierd view i guess, but meh.

Hopefully they will teach their child to care for those who are starving or in bad situations. If they do and their children grow up to care for those less fortunate, then they have done their jobs regardless of how much they spent on daycares.

yes Audiofuzzy, that is fantastic to do that too (what Oprah did), but you need to realise she'd even richer...(and is (or was?) a talk back show presenter who happens real insight from talking with real people about real issues (wouldn't say its all is genuine, 'life interest' IS a kind of genre what can generate millions as the shows proved it nevertheless, Oprah did actually took some issue into heart and sought to do something about it. BUt then,...right at home (your country - USA) have a lot of their own problems it, its kinda of strange to not to deal with your own backyard (home country) but somewhere else.. just my opinion.
also that, she's a BILLIONAIRE, she has WAY too much, showing off with a measly $1 mill a year is laughable compared to what Orpah shelled out, but then again they (Jay-Z and Beyonce) arent quite at the level of wealth as Oprah is, but sitll Laura is right, its alot about showing off, i'd argue its more of an unconscious showing off. wierd view i guess, but meh.

It wasn't 1 mil, and that's not the only thing Oprah did.
btw, what ever did you do?

You have a lot you give a lot.
You have a little, you give a little - or nothing.

Fuzzy

Hopefully they will teach their child to care for those who are starving or in bad situations. If they do and their children grow up to care for those less fortunate, then they have done their jobs regardless of how much they spent on daycares.

How do you know they already don't ???

Fuzzy

Back