Caught my first big fish!!!

luckystar

Reaction score
Today I spent the day fishing and I caught my first big fish!!!! :cheers:

I believe it was a Carp...or however you spell it..lol
It was 24 1/2 inches long and weighed about 14-15 pounds...

I was so happy, but it sure was a chore to get it landed...lol...almost broke my little pole...lol

Yay Yay :applause:
That's great! Are you going to cook it and then eat it? :D
I used to go fishing a lot with my family when I was growing up. I would get excited whenever I catch fishes. I think it is really fun to go fishing. Now you got me wanting to go fishing tonight LOL.

Wow, you must be brave enough to put those sticky worms on the fishing hook :lol:

I remember the last time I went fishing with my boys, I kept screaming every time the worm kept moving....

Great job girl, when you come down for a visit, then I'll have you do it for me ;)

ButterflyGirl said:
Yay Yay :applause:
That's great! Are you going to cook it and then eat it? :D
I used to go fishing a lot with my family when I was growing up. I would get excited whenever I catch fishes. I think it is really fun to go fishing. Now you got me wanting to go fishing tonight LOL.

Hmmm..I dont think Im gonna eat it..I have never had carp..My fiancees mom is going to give it to someone in her family, they really like fish but dont go fishing..so I thought I would share it...I just like to catch them...

It is very fun to go fishing, we were fishing all day, from about noon until 1030pm....so I am sure tired...

Hehehe...sorry I made you wanna go fishing.. :)

^Angel^ said:
Wow, you must be brave enough to put those sticky worms on the fishing hook :lol:

I remember the last time I went fishing with my boys, I kept screaming every time the worm kept moving....

Great job girl, when you come down for a visit, then I'll have you do it for me ;)

:rofl:
Its just a worm, Im not afraid

Thank you...I sure will help you when I come to visit...I got you!!!

thats great, did you give a nice smooch to big fish? LOL

Angel, you remind me when i was very little girl maybe 4 yr old scare of worms. But didn't afraid to catch worms. But i didn't like it on hooks. Right now I can do it. But, i won't do other kinds.. Make me feel creepy, make my bf do it for me. all i said, honey, I love you, and can u put that newt/mites on hook please? he was like give me dirty looks with smiling. LOL

WOW,
You are lucky ... We cant fishing till a weekend before Memorial weekend.. for major fishes like.. Bass, Northerns, sunnies, perch & etc.
but still fish for catfish, bullhead, & Carp.. and other "junk" fishes (like dogfish).. why call junk cuz they eat junks on the bottom of river or lake or creek.. :)

We dont eat Carp.. its like rough taste... but Vietmans or Chinese tend to collect or "junk" fishes ... they can make them delicious..

Way to go to you!
we normally fishing.. catch and release..

*goosebumps* fishes... you said..

(shireks screaming)

I never forget that my two kids were fishing and caught 8 fishes... and took picture.. somewhere my thread about camping.. LOL

^Angel^ said:

same here i dont wanna put worms on hook.. it GROSSS!

It was 24 1/2 inches long and weighed about 14-15 pounds...
Dang, that fish is a beast! Nice catching luckystar.. Your screen name fits ur luck :)

Angel, you remind me when i was very little girl maybe 4 yr old scare of worms. But didn't afraid to catch worms. But i didn't like it on hooks. Right now I can do it. But, i won't do other kinds.. Make me feel creepy, make my bf do it for me. all i said, honey, I love you, and can u put that newt/mites on hook please? he was like give me dirty looks with smiling. LOL

haha, u make me laugh, SherryCherish

:applause: :applause: :applause: Hey Congratulations luckystar on your first catch!!!! I bet it was a "jane fonda" workout to reel that fish back in, but, you must have had a lot of fun doing it!!!! Great job, :cheers: !!!!

Congrats on the big one! Generally speaking, carp don't taste too good as they are bottom feeders. Best to smoke them.

Ha, that's awesome! :) That was sure one big, heavy fish! It would have been great if someone took a picture of you holding the fish for the great memories. Maybe next time. ;)

TweetyBird said:
same here i dont wanna put worms on hook.. it GROSSS!

I know the feelings, the last time I put a worm on the fishing hook, the worm broke in half, and I looked up at my oldest son and said " I just murder a worm "

:tears:

SherryCherish said:

LOL!!! same here, I let my boys do that for now on, I know exactly how you feel

Lol ^Angel^ cute when you said that you just murdered a worm.. i can teach you how to put cricket, minnows and worms on the hook. :giggle:

If there's any left please shove it through the computer, I am
so jealous, my condo is a 1 min. walk away from the waterfront
and I can't catch anything yet carp is my favorite.

Wow, congrats on your big catch! Keep your patience going for next trip! :D

I do like going fishing, too! :)

CODAchild said:
:applause: :applause: :applause: Hey Congratulations luckystar on your first catch!!!! I bet it was a "jane fonda" workout to reel that fish back in, but, you must have had a lot of fun doing it!!!! Great job, :cheers: !!!!

Sure did have a hard time...the fish did jump off my hook right by the bank but caught it in a net....thought he broke my pole..lol

Catmandu said:
Ha, that's awesome! :) That was sure one big, heavy fish! It would have been great if someone took a picture of you holding the fish for the great memories. Maybe next time. ;)

I ddi get a pic...just not of me holding it...but it wasnt my camera so i have to wait to get the picture...then i will put it on

Back