CapTel phones (or similar devices)

Did get rid of my CapTel. Don't know which model it was. I have a CaptionCall now and still am not happy. My family seems to like it, but hates the short cord on the handset to base and we were told it could not be changed. When I tried, the phone did not work. You have to be within 5 inches of the phone to use it.

I have given up using a phone at all. If they can't text my cell, then they must not really want to talk to me.

I have done very little text but hate the tiny keyboard on a phone. Is there a way to get you that would use a computer keyboard? Is email fast enough for you after first contact via text?

I have done very little text but hate the tiny keyboard on a phone. Is there a way to get you that would use a computer keyboard? Is email fast enough for you after first contact via text?

Have no problem with email as long as I am home. My cell has the full keyboard and I use a Nintendo DS stylus to press the keys. Don't do too bad with that. Also, some places that contact me, I refuse to give them my email for privacy concerns.

Has anyone tried the 2400i? If so, how is the wifi?

captel-2400i.jpg

I have a new Captel 2400I which arrived Wednesday a week and a half ago.

Even though phone is less than two feet from the modem/router , it couldn't connect by wifi ; had to use the ethernet cable. ( Supplied)

I like the fact that this phone gives full call history : name , phone number , and date and time of call. My previous Captel phones could not give consistent call history. I had to use a separate Emerson caller id unit which Captel sent me.

I like the speakerphone potential.

Answering machine will store up to 100 messages vs 63 with the Captel 840I.

Contact list will store up to 100 contacts.

Can choose up to 4 numbers for speed dial and can have up to 10 favorites.

Uses touch screen technology.

Can custom adjust tone to your audiogram if desired.

I've been a Captel customer since September 2011. I'm very happy with my new Captel 2400I

Back