Can't Keep Your Pet?

I volunteer at a shelter, it is pretty bad.
PLEASE ADOPT FROM A SHELTER...IF YOU ADOPT FROM A PET STORE YOU ARE ENCOURAGING PUPPY MILLS.
If you dont know what a puppy mill is, look it up.
HORRIBLE! PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BREEDING ANIMALS.
AND WHEN YOU HAVE AN ANIMAL, ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
BUT DONT ABUSE YOUR ANIMALS EITHER.

It would great to be very rich and buy a huge farm then go rescues all the animals in shelters!

I hope to have a farm one day where I can rescue animals. But as long as people keep breeding, and people wont spay/neuter it will always be a problem.

Our old landlord in Missouri is one who will foster abused horses for the local Humane Society. He will have them sometimes for up to 1-2 years before they are ready for adoption. Also, the Humane Society leaves the final approval for adoption up to him since he is there expert on horse care. At one time, he had 3 abused horses on his land. 1 was blind and all 3 were so malnourished that they were nothing but skin and bones. He has foster over 2500 horses in over 50 years.

I went to the animal shelter with the intentions of adopting a young kitten (only because I had no idea how my almost 3 yr old female cat would react to a cat her age or older). But then.... I saw Drake a handsome maine coone kitty that was "2 yrs old" (turns out hes at least a year) and I saw these other baby kittens. I looked at his file, the poor guy was in the shelter for 6 months! I had to wait til pay day to come back for him which was only a few more days. When I came back, I noticed all those cute kittens were gone.... it became clear to me I needed to rescue Drake. The ladies up front knew him by name and were so excited for me and him! He took a long long time to warm up, hiding everywhere small since he has been caged for that long I'd understand!

Heres my big sweetheart! I love him so much! I couldn't trade either of my cats ever! they are my kids!

Drake:
drake2.jpg

Moo:
Moo.jpg

Best friends:
drakeandmoo2.jpg

I bought a farm dog from a farmer, and a hunting dog from a hunter, they are excellent dogs, got them very young as puppies. I never would under any circumstances go buy pets from pet shop, nor dog foods, i get it from a small private business where they produce it straight from natural raw materials, and much cheaper AND everyone comments how they behave and how shiny they are. Happy dogs i intend to keep them till they die of old age.

also rescued 2 siamese kittens from a bad breeder, she was keeping them in chicken cages!. Really good cats though, full of character, i didnt want these cats go to other breeders for shows and only to be lived in a sheltered shiftling lives as showcats, my lecturerer is an animal right activisit and she commends what i did. strange i know but...i wanted siameses because their personalities suits me. not everyones cup of tea though. so yea 2 cats and 2 dogs lol busy busy busy!

also rescued 2 siamese kittens from a bad breeder, she was keeping them in chicken cages!. Really good cats though, full of character, i didnt want these cats go to other breeders for shows and only to be lived in a sheltered shiftling lives as showcats, my lecturerer is an animal right activisit and she commends what i did. strange i know but...i wanted siameses because their personalities suits me. not everyones cup of tea though. so yea 2 cats and 2 dogs lol busy busy busy!

OMG! :shock:

Back