Canada Deaf Community or all in the USA?

Sarahh

Reaction score
Hi,

I was curious if the site was all USA?
Are there any members of this site Canadian???
If so, does anyone know where the Deaf Community in Canada is?

I am newly HOH and going deaf and would like to become a part of the Deaf community and find more people in my area (Ontario).

Bunch of Deaf people in Toronto. Are you close to there?

I heard Toronto is huge it is is big fan deaf community. I wish be moving to Toronto.

lousy on my area community poor.. It is high quality in Toronto area more deaf community.

it pretty huge Toronto too many deaf community :) alots of community!

This is for everyone over the world who are in the common experiences of hearing loss.
But there are many cliques such as Born Deaf, HOH, late deafened, oral deaf, oral hoh and go on. :)

There is a pretty good sized Deaf Community in Detroit area. I understand that Ontario is not too far from Detroit, right>??

I was born in Windsor Ontario which is a mile and half from Detroit Michigan. Just across the Detroit River. aside: i move to Toronto Ontario in 1962.

My younger brother lives in Clawson Michigan,

Fond memories of walking over the Ambassador Bridge to go and see the Detroit Tigers baseball games.

I was born in Windsor Ontario which is a mile and half from Detroit Michigan. Just across the Detroit River. aside: i move to Toronto Ontario in 1962.

My younger brother lives in Clawson Michigan,

Fond memories of walking over the Ambassador Bridge to go and see the Detroit Tigers baseball games.

On a vacation as a child, I went on a boat across a Great Lake, from Detroit to Windsor , Ontario, where my parents bought me a shirt that said Canada and had a picture of a maple leaf...

Memories. :wave:

Oh, and the next year, I went on a plane to Denver, Colorado, where I ate a duck ala orange.

(Had to go somewhere, and we have no new Denver members.)

We're finally getting somewhere... Sarahh, you've scrupulously avoided mentioned where exactly you live while bemoaning the lack of a Deaf community wherever it is you live.

Ontario is still a pretty vague location so please tell us what your town or (if you live in the country) the nearest big town is. If it's not somewhere I'm familiar with, maybe I can ask people like Deaf teachers who might know!

We're finally getting somewhere... Sarahh, you've scrupulously avoided mentioned where exactly you live while bemoaning the lack of a Deaf community wherever it is you live.

Ontario is still a pretty vague location so please tell us what your town or (if you live in the country) the nearest big town is. If it's not somewhere I'm familiar with, maybe I can ask people like Deaf teachers who might know!

Location...Sorry about that. I go to a University in Toronto. I asked my Deaf professor but he said there is no Deaf students here. He is looking hard for me, helping me find some people but he said there is nothing at the University for deaf/HOH people; no club/community. I bounce around a lot. Some times I am in Mississauga but my family is from the Halton region (Georgetown) so I visit there often.

There is a pretty good sized Deaf Community in Detroit area. I understand that Ontario is not too far from Detroit, right>??

Unfortunately, I am unable to get to Detroit. It is several hours away and I would have to rely on transportation (go buses/trains/etc) to get me there and back. Thanks for the post though!

Bunch of Deaf people in Toronto. Are you close to there?

Yes I am close to Toronto..I think 45mins-1:15mins away, roughly. I do attend a University in Toronto. Where abouts in Toronto is it located. Do you know?

I heard Toronto is huge it is is big fan deaf community. I wish be moving to Toronto.

lousy on my area community poor.. It is high quality in Toronto area more deaf community.

it pretty huge Toronto too many deaf community :) alots of community!

I am fairly close to Toronto. Do you know where exactly it is???? Do you have any contact information that I would use to get in touch with someone who can tell me more about where it is, events, etc..??

I just wanted to say Thank-you to everyone for posting a response; thank-you! The help is greatly appreciated :)

Yes I am close to Toronto..I think 45mins-1:15mins away, roughly. I do attend a University in Toronto. Where abouts in Toronto is it located. Do you know?

MAybe start your search at Bob Rumball Center? Or google Deaf Niagra. There is a big association.

How about looking for Deaf hockey clubs? I know that hockey is pretty popular out there. I am sure you will meet a lot of deaf people out there. I don't know if you like hockey. However, you would find members of Deaf hockey clubs who would point you out in directions to improve networking for deaf community out there.

My mind speaks the same thoughts...
Except I live in BC, Canada. The closest I got is 4 hours away but it's a school
Sarahh, you'll find a group soon enough :D

OK Canadians ... I am looking for someone who can be a friend and can help me learn ASL faster. Please contact me if you can. I am available weekdays from 1800 to 2300 but not Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Back