California Passes AZ's immigration law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steinhauer

Reaction score
except ..... they passed it in 2001:

Calif. Penal Code Sec. 834b

834b. (a) Every law enforcement agency in California shall fully cooperate with the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service regarding any person who is arrested if he or she is suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws.

(b) With respect to any such person who is arrested, and suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws, every law enforcement agency shall do the following:

(1) Attempt to verify the legal status of such person as a citizen of the United States, an alien lawfully admitted as a permanent resident, an alien lawfully admitted for a temporary period of time or as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of immigration laws. The verification process may include, but shall not be limited to, questioning the person regarding his or her date and place of birth, and entry into the United States, and demanding documentation to indicate his or her legal status.

(2) Notify the person of his or her apparent status as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws and inform him or her that, apart from any criminal justice proceedings, he or she must either obtain legal status or leave the United States.

(3) Notify the Attorney General of California and the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service of the apparent illegal status and provide any additional information that may be requested by any other public entity.

(c) Any legislative, administrative, or other action by a city, county, or other legally authorized local governmental entity with jurisdictional boundaries, or by a law enforcement agency, to prevent or limit the cooperation required by subdivision (a) is expressly prohibited.

Those racists ... geez :roll:

I'm former CA resident, left in 2006 and law enforcement officers are only check the immigration status as secondary case only, right after commit crime, otherwise ICE agents are allows to handle as primary case.

In AZ under new immigrant law, law enforcement officers are allowed to check the immigration status as primary case, regardless if you haven't commit crime or break any laws.

CA and AZ immigrant laws are not same, that's great misled of you created that.

I'm former CA resident, left in 2006 and law enforcement officers are only check the immigration status as secondary case only, right after commit crime, otherwise ICE agents are allows to handle as primary case.

In AZ under new immigrant law, law enforcement officers are allowed to check the immigration status as primary case, regardless if you haven't commit crime or break any laws.

CA and AZ immigrant laws are not same, that's great misled of you created that.

Actually, what you are saying is misleading. There has to be a tier one lawful contact in Arizona's law.

They are both the same .....

Actually, what you are saying is misleading. There has to be a tier one lawful contact in Arizona's law.

They are both the same .....

No, your post is MISLEADING.

You don't understand about difference on between primary and secondary.

Holder Admits to Not Reading Arizona's Immigration Law Despite Criticizing It

FOXNews.com

Despite repeatedly voicing concerns about Arizona's new immigration enforcement law in recent weeks and threatening to challenge it, Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday he has not yet read the law, which is only 10 pages long.
FOXNews.com - Holder Admits to Not Reading Arizona's Immigration Law Despite Criticizing It

Have you read Arizona's law Foxrac?

I have, its essentially the same thing California passed in 2001.

FOXNews.com - Holder Admits to Not Reading Arizona's Immigration Law Despite Criticizing It

Have you read Arizona's law Foxrac?

I have, its essentially the same thing California passed in 2001.

I did, they are not SAME because difference on between primary and secondary.

Primary - it means law enforcement officers are allows to check on immigration status if anyone haven't commit crime or break any laws. That's what Arizona will using in next few month when new law start effective. In my opinion, new AZ immigrant bill will create more racial profiling because high number of illegal immigrants are Latino and increasing of harassing against them because LEO are allow to check in anywhere.

Secondary - it means law enforcement officers are allows to check on immigration status after anyone commit crime or break any law, that what CA is doing, otherwise, ICE agents handle with illegal immigrants, even if they haven't break the law like in many states.

There was same CA immigrant law as new AZ immigrant bill was in 1994 until judge strike it down in late 90's.

Steinhauer, if you continue to call my post as misleading so that's fine with me. I'm not going argue with you about situation with illegal immigrants and I already tried to explain so clearly, even Jiro said so numerous time, you are not required to follow or listen us since it is up to you and I won't listen to your post either. Let leave it.

Some US cities are sanctuary, it means local police officers are banned from check the immigrant status, even after commit crime, break the laws or other issues.
Sanctuary city, sanctuary, sanctuary city list, Ohio, jobs, OJJPAC, list, justice, soverignty, citizenship, illegal alien, immigration, amnesty, sanctuary cities, undocumented, ICE, NYC, IIRIRA, Huston, Chicago, Phoenix, L.A., Salvi, Steve Salvi

I don't agree about sanctuary but I believe that local police officers are supposed to check the documentation, especially immigrant status after they arrested for break the laws.

I did, they are not SAME because difference on between primary and secondary.

Primary - it means law enforcement officers are allows to check on immigration status if anyone haven't commit crime or break any laws. That's what Arizona will using in next few month when new law start effective. In my opinion, new AZ immigrant bill will create more racial profiling because high number of illegal immigrants are Latino and increasing of harassing against them because LEO are allow to check in anywhere.

Secondary - it means law enforcement officers are allows to check on immigration status after anyone commit crime or break any law, that what CA is doing, otherwise, ICE agents handle with illegal immigrants, even if they haven't break the law like in many states.

There was same CA immigrant law as new AZ immigrant bill was in 1994 until judge strike it down in late 90's.

Arizona's immigration law is the same exact law as Federal law. So is California's.

Before Arizona passed this law, police were absolutely forbidden to ask citizenship status.

They are still forbidden to racial profile. Arizona' s new law makes it a crime to racial profile (California's does not - that is the only difference) They can ONLY ask citizenship status in a tier one lawful encounter (same as California).

Read the bill ... it is the same exact bill California passed in 2001.

Arizona's immigration law is the same exact law as Federal law. So is California's.

Before Arizona passed this law, police were absolutely forbidden to ask citizenship status.

They are still forbidden to racial profile. They can ONLY ask citizenship status in a tier one lawful encounter (same as California).

Read the bill ... it is the same exact bill California passed in 2001.

No, that's incorrect.

During existing law, law enforcement officers in Arizona are allows to check on immigrant status after they ARRESTED for commit crime or break any laws. That's called SECONDARY.

When new AZ immigrant law kicks in, law enforcement officers in Arizona are allows to check on immigrant status after anyone haven't break any law or commit crime yet. That's called PRIMARY.

Big two difference is between primary and secondary.

There will be racial profiling after new AZ immigrant law kicks in, regardless on laws say it don't.

The existing AZ immigrant law is same as CA like in most states, not new AZ immigrant law that will not effective until July.

I lived in CA for 14 years and I do know about illegal immigrants in CA. Your post is misleading and don't underestimate my knowledge because I used to lived in CA and know about illegal immigrants.

No, that's incorrect.

During existing law, law enforcement officers in Arizona are allows to check on immigrant status after they ARRESTED for commit crime or break any laws. That's called SECONDARY.

When new AZ immigrant law kicks in, law enforcement officers in Arizona are allows to check on immigrant status after anyone haven't break any law or commit crime yet. That's called PRIMARY.

There will be racial profiling after new AZ immigrant law kicks in, regardless on laws say it don't.

The existing AZ immigrant law is same as CA like in most states, not new AZ immigrant law that will not effective until July.

show me quotations from Arizona's new immigration law that support your argument.

show me quotations from Arizona's new immigration law that support your argument.

Look up in rest of forum, we debated about Arizona new immigrant law and it will be racial profiling because HIGH NUMBER of illegal immigrants are LATINO aka brown skin, that's very basic methods for them to be targeted.

Use your critical thinking about racial profiling and Jiro already explained everything.

In my OPINION, AZ new immigrant law will use racial profiling, despite about law said it don't, period and already backed some of argumentative from debate around here.

Look up in rest of forum, we debated about Arizona new immigrant law and it will be racial profiling because HIGH NUMBER of illegal immigrants are LATINO aka brown skin, that's very basic methods for them to be targeted.

Use your critical thinking about racial profiling and Jiro already explained everything.

In my OPINION, AZ new immigrant law will use racial profiling, despite about law said it don't, period and already backed some of argumentative from debate around here.

Your opinion is based on another person's opinion?

No, not always, I already done to research on my own and use critical thinking.

Wait and see about federal court whatever they say about new AZ immigrant law so I'm wait to hear.

I disagree with most of your post so let agreement to disagreement.

Good nite.

No, not always, I already done to research on my own and use critical thinking.

Wait and see about federal court whatever they say about new AZ immigrant law so I'm wait to hear.

I disagree with most of your post so let agreement to disagreement.

Good nite.

Have a good night Foxrac :wave:

Thanks for being civil ;)

Here is my opinion:

The Arizona Immigration Law is already A FEDERAL LAW (verbatim)....

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or

Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or

Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;

has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

A CRIME IS A CRIME....as Citizens we have to obey the law, so should they!!!

Have a good night Foxrac :wave:

Thanks for being civil ;)

Here is my opinion:

The Arizona Immigration Law is already A FEDERAL LAW (verbatim)....

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or

Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or

Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;

has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

A CRIME IS A CRIME....as Citizens we have to obey the law, so should they!!!

Ok, I know it is your opinion.

Is that what federal is looking for proper immigration laws that passed in state?

CA passed same or similar immigration law as AZ does with new immigration law in 1994 but federal court killed it, for 2001 version, they are more cooperate with federal over immigrant issues and polices can do it after anyone is arrested for break the laws like theft, assault, murder, rape, DUI, etc, that's secondary.
Arizona Immigration Law Brings California Flashbacks : NPR
California Proposition 187 (1994) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That why about I said wait and see about what's up with federal court, even judges could kill the new AZ immigration law due improper to handling and can't be above the federal, despite about new law said racial profiling is illegal. We don't know about law enforcement officers would use methods that check based on race, for example, most of illegal immigrants are Latino aka brown skin so it means Latinos pro-immigrant group could use effective methods to kill the law in court because of this reason.

Right now, my parent live in CA and they said illegal immigrants are usually suspected and caught after they arrested for break the laws, however if anyone is innocent and haven't break any laws so they aren't stopped by police but only ICE agents do that. The federal and media haven't bring 2001 version into attention because it is common in all states and nothing is compare with AZ when police is allowed to check on anyone, even they have not break any laws, that's primary.

No, that's incorrect.

I lived in CA for 14 years and I do know about illegal immigrants in CA. Your post is misleading and don't underestimate my knowledge because I used to lived in CA and know about illegal immigrants.

20 B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY21 OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS
22 STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS
23 UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,
24 WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON. THE
25 PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
26 PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).
27 C. IF AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IS
28 CONVICTED OF A VIOLATION OF STATE OR LOCAL LAW, ON DISCHARGE FROM
29 IMPRISONMENT OR ASSESSMENT OF ANY FINE THAT IS IMPOSED, THE ALIEN SHALL BE
30 TRANSFERRED IMMEDIATELY TO THE CUSTODY OF THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND
31 CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT OR THE UNITED STATES CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

20 B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY21 OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS
22 STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS
23 UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,
24 WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON. THE
25 PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
26 PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).
27 C. IF AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IS
28 CONVICTED OF A VIOLATION OF STATE OR LOCAL LAW, ON DISCHARGE FROM
29 IMPRISONMENT OR ASSESSMENT OF ANY FINE THAT IS IMPOSED, THE ALIEN SHALL BE
30 TRANSFERRED IMMEDIATELY TO THE CUSTODY OF THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND
31 CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT OR THE UNITED STATES CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

You don't get it. *facepalm*

Mod's Note:

Folks, please tone down with the facepalm thing, it is getting so old.

Play nice, or this thread will be closed.

Thank you.

Wirelessly posted

Actually, foxrac, based on how you worded that post, TXgolfer responded correctly.

You will get better at debating while you're in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back