Bye SK2

I need get SK3 because SK2 is almost worn out and screen seems more lighter than normal. Keyboard was slipped out with glues in it.

Dennis said:
Two points:

1) Just because no one else has a supply of the Sidekick 2, doesn't mean that the Sidekick 3 is "coming soon"

2) Just because no one else has a supply of the Sidekick 2, doesn't mean that the Sidekick 2 is not longer being sold. It just means there isn't a supply anymore. T-Mobile is still selling it. Danger is still only promoting the Sidekick 2.

You don't want to jump to the conclusion that "OMG ze SK3 is coming!" based on rumors and an FCC submission. Heck, some people were led to believe that it was going to have "VP capabilities" but now that it's shown that it won't have it, they're not interested in it.
well well T-Mobile has made Sidekick 3 Official!!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/06/20/t-mobile-sidekick-3-hands-on/

I knew it! next time when their supply channel runs dry then that means new version of a device is nearing release okay?

This is a official website: http://www.hiptop.com/ check it out!

and this as well: http://www.sidekick.com/

http://www.sidekickiii.com (flash required)

If anyone have Sidekick II already, it is still good to go. It cost a lot to "upgrade", at least 200 dollars to start with!!

The difference between Sidekick II and Sidekick 3 are:

-Music player
-1.3 megapixel (Sk II got .8 or something)
-Blue Tooth (allows hands free headsets)
-EDGE (quicker downloads -- in most metropolian areas)
-Detachable battery (allows us to replace dead batteries)
-miniSD (supports up to 2Gb which equals to approximately 1,200 pictures!
or some 500 (?) music files.)

Fyi

Sidekick 3 will be released July 10th but you can start ordering it from web on June 28th.

For fully qualified upgrades, $300 on a 2 year contract and $350 on a 1 year contract. $400 on prepaid.

I forgot to add that the information you have saved on your pager, such as downloads, pictures, etc will not be transfered to the SK 3 because the OS is different. I'm not sure about the address book contacts. I'm waiting to hear back from my contact at Tmobile.

SilverPanda said:
I forgot to add that the information you have saved on your pager, such as downloads, pictures, etc will not be transfered to the SK 3 because the OS is different. I'm not sure about the address book contacts. I'm waiting to hear back from my contact at Tmobile.

According to Appletech (an employee of Danger) things like emails, photos and contact book will be transferred to new device. Applications that you purchased and downloaded will not be transferred to new sidekick.

Anything ELSE than Applications will be transferred to the new sidekick device.

My recommendation: register and discuss on hiptop.com, there are administrators there that currently play with sidekick 3 and provide technical support. I have been member of that forum since March and learned a lot since then.

Boult said:
I know I already mentioned that link in my previous way up there.. :D

Yup, I was referring to SilverPanda, in order to straighten info out.

LinuxGold said:
http://www.sidekickiii.com (flash required)

If anyone have Sidekick II already, it is still good to go. It cost a lot to "upgrade", at least 200 dollars to start with!!

The difference between Sidekick II and Sidekick 3 are:

-Music player
-1.3 megapixel (Sk II got .8 or something)
-Blue Tooth (allows hands free headsets)
-EDGE (quicker downloads -- in most metropolian areas)
-Detachable battery (allows us to replace dead batteries)
-miniSD (supports up to 2Gb which equals to approximately 1,200 pictures!
or some 500 (?) music files.)

really? Does it will including AC adaptor to charge the dead batteries? I think it called Litim Ion or something...

volcomskatz said:
really? Does it will including AC adaptor to charge the dead batteries? I think it called Litim Ion or something...

Well, you sure can have a removeable battery, but just like with all removeable batteries, you have to make sure your backup battery, if you have one, is charged. Most cases, like myself, I just buy the extended battery and just keep the old battery around just in case. By the time my extended battery on my Blackberry goes kaput, the old battery will be no good as well, because I never used it all this time. Batteries don't retain their charge forever, and uncharged batteries can lose their ability to hold a charge if not used on occasion.

volcomskatz said:

Yes it do include AC adaptor to recharge the dead batteries. Detachable battery feature is a good way to quickly replace battery if AC adaptor is no where to be found or no nearest outlet to use.

The batteries in the Sidekick 3 are not AA or AAA-like batteries. They are definitely rechargable Lithium-Ion or similar batteries that are not from Energizer or Duracell.

I checked the specs to see what comes with the Sidekick 3, and there was only an adapter for the phone itself to charge the batteries that are in the phone when charging. There is no way to charge batteries that are not in the Sidekick 3. Your backup battery, IF YOU HAVE ONE, would have to be charged somehow so you can "swap" your battery in the Sidekick out.

Backup batteries can cost anywhere from $50 to $100.

Back