Brain Transplant

Deafilmedia

Reaction score
If a person is in a coma cause he or she is brain dead, can I
transplant my brain in that body?

Is it possible?

Brain cell grows everyday....
and seems like brain can attach to the big Nerve... Spinal Cord.

Brain cell grows everyday....
and seems like brain can attach to the big Nerve... Spinal Cord.

Oh boy...USE YOUR HEAD.,.... imagine dead brain along with the spinal cord being pulled out... and it would be big big hassle of putting healthy spinal cord and good brain baci in tiny hole....What an idiot would do that...

Oh boy...USE YOUR HEAD.,.... imagine dead brain along with the spinal cord being pulled out... and it would be big big hassle of putting healthy spinal cord and good brain baci in tiny hole....What an idiot would do that...

Anything is possible.

If I get old... like 90 years old and if I don't want to die...
but maybe want to look for younger body in the coma...
and place my old brain into that younger body.

That would be a miracle....

And also use stem cell to get the brain and spinal cord to attach together.

Mrs P, in order for a brain transplant, there are many things that are impossible and impractical to do. The first that SxyPorkie touched on is nerves. Their are miles of nereves running through every inch of the body. Also, In order for impulses to travel along these nerve channels, the axons need to be mylinated (I spelt that wrong...) Without the Mylination you wouldn't be in control of your body at all. You would be bedridden, almost like you were in a coma, but you would have brain activity... but it wouldn't do any good, because you wouldn't be able to communicate at all... thats supposing by some miracle the brain and spinal cord were succesfully transplanted. The Brain needs constant blood flow to it... with millions of veins and arteries connected to it, there would be no way that you would be able to transplant the brain because it wouldn't have the blood flow... Thats the main reason why... anyways, sorry I couldn't explain better... Thats only a small part of what I learned last year during HS Anatomy and Physiology... I'm sure theres more about why it wouldn't be possible online or in college A and P books.

It'd make for a great SF potboiler though! :D

I can just see the brain taking over the body and plotting all kinds of twisted schemes against every one like those b horror films. CACKLE *rubs hands*

the brain is way, way , WAY too complex, in fact it contains 'your soul; your memorys, not just your personality, but the memorys of how your brains works the body !, in fact for all your knowledge, memory, languages, dreams, thoughts, and fears and even the 'soul' (if you believe in that sort of thing) only takes up 10% of the brain's 'processing' the rest is well, it works the body, it regulates the muscles, nervous system, heart beats, senses, the bowl movements, the food disgestion, excrements, immmune system, skin growth, hair growth, eye's adjustment for visual information intake, even the way the body works for 'langugae processing' like deaf people's brain might work different from heaing people's , obvious example of this is the linguistic aspect of body language-reading and so on
this is the stupidest question id ever come across, ok heart tranplants is possible but its only because its MOSTLY mechanical, but also highly risky, brain is well an entirely different matter all together.

leave it to sci-fi or horror movies lol
and dreams of immortality is just that, a dream.

Oh my god you have got to be kidding me.

This is the epitome of Miss P I do believe. Get a life, and you know what a brain transplant for you probably would be such a bad idea for YOU anyway - that is if it were actually possible, but its not so sadly EVERYONE is out of luck on that one. :lol:

Ewww! I don't like the experiment with monkeys.

Anyway, Ms P, if you got your brain transplanted to the different body, they are going to give you medicine to prevent brain being rejected by the body.

:topic::lol: Miss P.. Curious Are you from East Coast??

Last edited:
Ewww! I don't like the experiment with monkeys.

Anyway, Ms P, if you got your brain transplanted to the different body, they are going to give you medicine to prevent brain being rejected by the body.

Wait....don't you have to HAVE a brain first? No brain, no transplant.

My mom's an ICU RN, and the family of one of her patients wanted to know if they could get their son a brain transplant. My mom had to dive under a table to keep from laughing to their faces, while the doctor had to explain to them that it wasn't possible. And they were completely serious, too! :eek3:

My mom's an ICU RN, and the family of one of her patients wanted to know if they could get their son a brain transplant. My mom had to dive under a table to keep from laughing to their faces, while the doctor had to explain to them that it wasn't possible. And they were completely serious, too! :eek3:

Amazing!

Back