Brad Pitt Donates Money To Fight Gay Marriage Ban

lumbingmi

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES — Brad Pitt has donated $100,000 to fight California's November ballot initiative that would overturn the state Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage.

It's the first time voters will be asked to ban same-sex marriage in a state where gay couples already have won the right to wed. Same-sex marriage is legal in Massachusetts and California.

It's the first time voters will be asked to decide the issue in either California or Massachusetts _ the states where gays have won the right to wed.

"Because no one has the right to deny another their life, even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn't harm another and because discrimination has no place in America, my vote will be for equality and against Proposition 8," Pitt said Wednesday.

Trevor Neilson, Pitt's political and philanthropic adviser, told The Associated Press that Pitt was surprised that his colleagues in the entertainment industry had not donated more money to support the battle against Proposition 8.

Earlier in the week, Pitt and Angelina Jolie announced they donated $2 million to help fight HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis in Ethiopia.

___

Brad Pitt Donates $100,000 To Fight Gay Marriage Ban

So, will anyone watch any movie that Brad Pitt play in?

Are you suggesting that people boycott his films because of this?

Regardless, if gays want to get married, they should be allowed to get married.

Good for Brad Pitt and no, I would never boycott any movies he is in cuz I support Gay Marriage.

And he contradicted himself in the above paragraph by stating:

"Because no one has the right to deny another their life, even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn't harm another and because discrimination has no place in America, my vote will be for equality and against Proposition 8," Pitt said Wednesday.

Amazing that Hollywood thinks they know what the average American want when they, themselves are out of touch. :roll:

And he contradicted himself in the above paragraph by stating:

Amazing that Hollywood thinks they know what the average American want when they, themselves are out of touch. :roll:

I must be dumb here but I am not sure what you mean by this post.

He's just trying to buy himself some publicity and he did. We're talking about him. Is that not publicity?

I heard about this and I have to say what he did is the most touching and sweet thing ever! Makes me love him even more haha :D

Good for Brad Pitt and no, I would never boycott any movies he is in cuz I support Gay Marriage.

Same here. :) I may not like all of his movies, but I'd never boycott a movie just because he has a political view different from mine. Thats stupid.

I think there is too much of this nonsense, anyway. If you're going to boycott something, do it for something you truly believe in. I guess some people feel strongly against gay marriage, but I don't.

Whatever. To each his or her own. :roll:

Same here. :) I may not like all of his movies, but I'd never boycott a movie just because he has a political view different from mine. Thats stupid.

I think there is too much of this nonsense, anyway. If you're going to boycott something, do it for something you truly believe in. I guess some people feel strongly against gay marriage, but I don't.

Whatever. To each his or her own. :roll:

Right, I agree. I don't boycott movies simply because of some people involved who I may disagree with when it comes to politics. If I want to watch a movie, I will watch it. Not because of somebody who may support this and that. It's nonsense.

He's just trying to buy himself some publicity and he did. We're talking about him. Is that not publicity?

Yeah, it did buy him that, but I'm not going to bicker over motivations- this is a LOT of money and a very important issue at stake- no matter which side you stand on. Whatever the reason, it's a good deed.

I think it's awesome to see things like this- Average Joe (or joe the plumber..) donating money doesn't get noticed. But a celebrity, or the trend of traditionally non-political companies, donating for a political cause? That gets attention.

I have to agree with some of you guys about boycotting the movies, I did argued with other who was deaf and gay, he got pissed off that there's straight guys that do the gay characters or hearies people that act the deaf characters in the movies, I guess people take things too personally sometimes..

And BIG thanks to Brad Pitts! ;)

let me clarify this. we already know Mass has won. but Judge voted in a favor on same sex marriage in California.

California has won on Prop 8 to ban same sex marriage because they stop making any issue on marriage license for same sex marriage since Nov 5.

we are still blind only one state does exist issuing on same sex marriage before Mass won in favor on same sex marriage. state is Vermont. if you want to get married, I would advise you to move up there in Vermont and stay there about 6 months to 3 years depend on where and how long you live there...

I am not against Brad Pitt or his movies, I believe that silly to boycott a movies he makes just because he donated some of his money to fight gay marriage. But I am also not against gay people either. I have to agree with Shel and OceanBreeze that is really nonesense! I agree with them.

let me clarify this. we already know Mass has won. but Judge voted in a favor on same sex marriage in California.

California has won on Prop 8 to ban same sex marriage because they stop making any issue on marriage license for same sex marriage since Nov 5.

we are still blind only one state does exist issuing on same sex marriage before Mass won in favor on same sex marriage. state is Vermont. if you want to get married, I would advise you to move up there in Vermont and stay there about 6 months to 3 years depend on where and how long you live there...

Tha sucks dude.

Back