Boy, 4, breaks into Texas store, plays with toys

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
BEAUMONT, Texas - Police called to a variety store by a burglar alarm overnight found a toddler inside, playing with the toys. Police said store surveillance video showed the unidentified boy trying to open one of the front doors to a Family Dollar store about 3 a.m. Monday, only to find it locked. But the second door was unlocked and the child went inside.

That triggered the silent alarm.

Detective Randy Stevens said the child apparently unlocked a door at his nearby home, got out, then crossed a multilane street to reach the store.

A canvass of the neighborhood turned up a family member searching for the child.

CPS spokeswoman Shari Pulliam said Child Protective Services claimed oversight of a 4-year-old boy during a review of the incident. The boy will be allowed to stay with other relatives, not the parents, during the CPS review period.

Boy, 4, breaks into Texas toy store

Wow, that's a lucky boy to run across the multilane street and break into a store. That's a no-no, at least the boy is safe.

Sounds like someone needs to get a better locking/anti-theft system.

I smell a movie in the works! :lol:

Oh wow! Glad that the boy wasnt harmed or anything. I wonder if the cops showed up thinking there was a robber and what their reaction was when the robber turned out to be a 4 year old toddler?

That's got to be scary knowing a 4 years old boy crossed a multi-lane street. In a way, it's a good thing that it happened at 3 am with less traffic on the street because if it happened during the rush hour or during the broad day light, that would have a different consequence. :Ohno:

It's a good thing that the boy came out of this safely and unharmed.

I never heard of the two kids locked inside a Toys R Us store.

what a artist. LOL.

but what are their parents doing? im sure theyre sleeping and cant do anything since its not their fault.

Back