Botox pageant girl taken into care

Funny thing is, CI isn't a DRUG that will fuck you up. Botox is!

My point is simply this - what gives you the right to say a person is abusing the child with injecting botox?

The main people who are screaming bloody murder here is stating that it will cause emotional scarring.

So where is the line on emotional scarring before it becomes abuse?

My point is simply this - what gives you the right to say a person is abusing the child with injecting botox?

The main people who are screaming bloody murder here is stating that it will cause emotional scarring.

Thats for protective services to figure out. There should also be an investigation into child pageants as a whole, I believe. I don't think they are healthy for children or the mother. Never mind, the relationship of Mother/daughter.

You actually have a very valid point.

I think in general Beauty Pagents are wrong... You're teaching a little girl to be/dress/act like a woman.

Jonbenet Ramsey anyone?
She was only 6 years old when she died...

If a 18/19/20+ woman wishes to enter in beauty contests, wax themselves or inject botox into themselves - thats their choice.

Forcing it upon your little girl is horrible... Kids should be kids, they shouldn't have to worry about their looks etc.

I heard about it a few days ago. Although I find it interesting that they would do something like that. If so, it was obviously a social experiment.

I heard about it a few days ago. Although I find it interesting that they would do something like that. If so, it was obviously a social experiment.

Yeah. But dramatic social experiments like that often open up the doors for the discussion of issues that really do exist. For instance, how damaging is it to a little girl, in her most formative years, to be sexualized the way these pagents do. Maybe not with botox, but dental inserts, make-up, hair styles, clothing....:hmm:

I've watched some 'Intervention' shows on A&E and I noticed that a lot of the young women who are on drugs have emotional issues that go back to when they were young and their mothers forced them to be in beauty pageants and win. As teens they feel that they aren't good enough thus their self-esteem plummets so they resort to drug use to 'feel good'. Next thing you know they are 26 years old, getting high on meth, GHB, whathaveyounot, and also has an eating disorder, self mutilates and is in poor health overall weiging in at less than 80 pounds and they believe they are fat.

It's one thing if a parent forces a daughter to wear a dress to church on Easter Sunday, but it's entirely something else much deeper when a parent forces a child to enter beauty pageants and to always maintain a certain 'look' by having the child on a diet constantly that is near starvation, forces them to look perfect out in public and if they don't look a certain way in public the child is placed on some sort of restriction. One example is the classic 'going to bed without dinner' punishment despite the child having eaten only half of a muffin for breakfast and maybe an apple for lunch. Yes this is extreme and I've heard of extreme cases similar to this on the news.

Personally, I hate beauty pageants and I think they are more for the parent than they are for the child. It's a way for a parent to tell another parent "My child is better than your child." I have never entered my DD into a pageant and likely never will.

I've watched some 'Intervention' shows on A&E and I noticed that a lot of the young women who are on drugs have emotional issues that go back to when they were young and their mothers forced them to be in beauty pageants and win. As teens they feel that they aren't good enough thus their self-esteem plummets so they resort to drug use to 'feel good'. Next thing you know they are 26 years old, getting high on meth, GHB, whathaveyounot, and also has an eating disorder, self mutilates and is in poor health overall weiging in at less than 80 pounds and they believe they are fat.

It's one thing if a parent forces a daughter to wear a dress to church on Easter Sunday, but it's entirely something else much deeper when a parent forces a child to enter beauty pageants and to always maintain a certain 'look' by having the child on a diet constantly that is near starvation, forces them to look perfect out in public and if they don't look a certain way in public the child is placed on some sort of restriction. One example is the classic 'going to bed without dinner' punishment despite the child having eaten only half of a muffin for breakfast and maybe an apple for lunch. Yes this is extreme and I've heard of extreme cases similar to this on the news.

Personally, I hate beauty pageants and I think they are more for the parent than they are for the child. It's a way for a parent to tell another parent "My child is better than your child." I have never entered my DD into a pageant and likely never will.

The very message these pagents deliver is wrong and harmful.

Back