Borderline alocholic ??

I don't think the type of drink determines whether or not a person becomes an alcoholic. Quantity of alcohol, frequency of drinking, attitude about alcohol, and reason for drinking are more important.

My father was an alcoholic. He preferred mixed drinks or champagne. He didn't like wine or beer. But alcohol destroyed his personal life, and eventually destroyed his liver and killed him.

But you can't always recognize an alcoholic on the outside. My dad held very important technical jobs in industry and government, he never missed a day's work, and I never saw him "drunk".

If someone needs to defend their drinking, or their family and friends suggest that someone has a drinking problem, then there probably is a problem.

*noddin'* Is it easy to attend AA when somethin' hit a person so hard ( wake-up call ) ?

Care to explain what is ersatz ? I've never heard that word " ersatz " before. I remember one deaf woman who is very heavy alcoholic - she drank a whole plastic jar of Nyquil. She drank ALL of it when she couldn't afford to buy another alcohol.

:lol: Kuifje75 mean "replacement" "ersatz" is a German language for replacement.

Reba made an excellent point here and 12 questions.

My answer to all of 12 questions is No.

This 12 questions, Reba posted is abuse alochol... Drinking alochol to help people to calm down their anger, depression, unhappy, etc. is not the best solution.

I kind of agree with Liebling here... I usually like to have alcohol such as wine with a good meal, and sometimes an extra one whilst chatting with friends. It is done in a relaxing atmosphere and just having a good chat. Tonight I went out to eat at a restaurant and had a glass of white wine with the wonderful meal, it was so nice.

Yes I´m the same as you as well. We like to drink wine with good meal, chatting with friends or relax and watch good movies on the TV. It´s good for the children to look their parent´s role and know how to respect alcohol.

I think people misunderstand alcohol sometimes.

Unfortunlately, I has to agree with you... See the example, we have debated....

http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debate...king-age-change.html?highlight=drinking+legal

It is meant to be enjoyed for its taste and complimenting the meals. Reba provided a wonderful list of questions, and I answered no to all of them, so I knew that it was a different thing. And yes, calphool has an excellent point, act in moderation. It doesn't just apply to drinking, but even to smoking, eating greasy food, eating sweets, drinking coffee and so on. Sometimes people do abuse with food, unfortunately.

AGREED!

Yeah, it's not very likely that someone would become an alcoholic from using it to clean their breath. They would have to be drinking it -- swallowing it in gulps. (Yuck!)

--Cal

wow I didn´t know that they use washmouth as replacement... :eek3: We have washmouth here... drink washmouth as replacement alochol... :barf: :ugh3:

Back