Book - the Unheard by Josh Swiller

R2D2

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone read this yet? It's by a deaf guy who goes to Africa as part of the peace corps. I just ordered it! I love travel books anyway, but one with a deaf person in it I just have to read.

Apparently, he went to Gallaudet after Yale and to Africa from there. He also got a CI later on after the book. I was reading his blog, he seems to have done well with it :)

Just wondering if anyone has read it already? Here is the link to the blurb in Amazon: Amazon.com: The Unheard: A Memoir of Deafness and Africa: Books: Josh Swiller

I wasn't aware of this one, R2D2. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll look for it.

If you love travel books, have you read "I Didn't Hear the Dragon Roar?" Its the story of a deaf woman's trek through all of the Cina provinces. It is facinating.

I think some of my friends who do missionary work in Africa mentioned that they know this guy who wrote a book about his experiences in Africa. I wonder if it is the same person? I will have to order it. Thanks for sharing it with us, R2D2. :ty:

I wasn't aware of this one, R2D2. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll look for it.

If you love travel books, have you read "I Didn't Hear the Dragon Roar?" Its the story of a deaf woman's trek through all of the Cina provinces. It is facinating.

Thanks for alerting me to this one! :) :ty:

Back