Bonjour, Hola, Hello, Aloha!

TheResidentEvil

Reaction score
Howdy! =D
My name is DC...I live in Minnesota. My hobbies include decorating rooms (though my family says I should live in the Addam's family house with the way I decorate...hehehe...I love using Halloween decorations!), writing novels, reading, watching horror films, spending time with friends and family, swimming, learning languages (Am up to 4 so far...though only fluent in English (and English sarcasm)), music, and spending an over-abundance of time on the internet (LOL).

I have been studying ASL and English Sign for a few years now, but up until recently, I was not able to submerge myself in the language. I am currently dating a man who is absolutely wonderful. He has been quite patient with me as I learn Sign as he is deaf and I am hearing. My mother is hard of hearing and learned basic sign many years ago...she then taught me what she knew and we would sign when we were in noisy places. I love the deaf culture and community based on what I have seen and learned.

My goal is to become an ASL interpreter. I had made that goal SEVERAL years before meeting my boyfriend, so I am curious as to whether my desire to learn ASL and my basic knowledge of ASL is what brought me to dating this man, or if it just happened that we clicked and it would have happened regardless of any ASL knowledge...LOL. The things I think about.

Anyway, enough rambling from the 'Peanut Gallery'. I hope all is well. Hugs!

Last edited:
Aw, I think it's super sweet of you to learn sign with your boyfriend. I think that's really the best way to learn is by having somebody to help you along the way. Especially for the visual learners out there.

Congrats & Welcome! :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back