Body heat

Yeah, it definately needs to be checked out. But aren't they teens? I mean, teens can fall asleep when you are talking to them.:giggle:

I was thinking in terms of sleep deprived teens. I have not been able to count the number of articles I have run across about schools starting so early and teens inner clock running so late instead. Thus they are not ready to sleep when they would have to go to bed to get the recommended number of hours given the time they have to get up in the morning!

^^^Yes, but all 17? At the same time? While they were doing something else?

I was thinking in terms of sleep deprived teens. I have not been able to count the number of articles I have run across about schools starting so early and teens inner clock running so late instead. Thus they are not ready to sleep when they would have to go to bed to get the recommended number of hours given the time they have to get up in the morning!

That is a factor, as well.

^^^Yes, but all 17? At the same time? While they were doing something else?

Ever watched them while they are in class?:P 35 of them can fall asleep at once.:giggle:

But natural response has something to do with it too. Ever get cold and then get warrm? It makes you sleepy.

Teacher wasn't in the room the same amount of time.

Logistically, I don't know how this happened. I just don't think 17 people falling asleep all at once seems possible without something else going on. Maybe there was a leak in the corner they were in?

Don't know, but CS - this could be serious. Please have someone check it out!

17 people cuddled together and breathing in CO2 from each other's breath.

it is a known fact that while sleeping, colder temperature can make you feel sleepy faster than warmer temperature. so you have cold temperature + CO2 from cuddling together... it's hibernation :lol:

that's why my apt is 65-68 degree. always. I sleep cold.

17 people cuddled together and breathing in CO2 from each other's breath.

it is a known fact that while sleeping, colder temperature can make you feel sleepy faster than warmer temperature. so you have cold temperature + CO2 from cuddling together... it's hibernation :lol:

that's why my apt is 65-68 degree. always. I sleep cold.

The breath of 17 kids would not produce enough CO2 to knock 17 kids out. Especially in a ventilated area.

But here is another question for Christe: did any of you guys have any other symptoms of elevated CO2 levels besides taking a nap?

The breath of 17 kids would not produce enough CO2 to knock 17 kids out. Especially in a ventilated area.

But here is another question for Christe: did any of you guys have any other symptoms of elevated CO2 levels besides taking a nap?

it's subtle. if they got knocked out by CO2, they would have brain damage.

This whole thread is just kooky. Is it or is it not CO2 poisoning? The breath of 17 kids huddled together for warmth in a cold room with a broken window is not enough CO2 to make anyone sleepy.

However, it should still be looked into and the room needs to be tested for Carbon Monoxide poisoning. The symptoms are sleepiness, exhaustion, and headaches.

This whole thread is just kooky. Is it or is it not CO2 poisoning? The breath of 17 kids huddled together for warmth in a cold room with a broken window is not enough CO2 to make anyone sleepy.

However, it should still be looked into and the room needs to be tested for Carbon Monoxide poisoning. The symptoms are sleepiness, exhaustion, and headaches.

And nausea. Plus they would have been extremely groggy when they were awakened.

i dont know any symptoms. i forgot to add another variable. we all came from gym

I don't know about you, but I get sleepy if I'm in the cold weather too long.

Edit:
i dont know any symptoms. i forgot to add another variable. we all came from gym

Bingo. Cold temps after exercising makes for tired, sleepy people.

I don't know about you, but I get sleepy if I'm in the cold weather too long.

That's supposedly your body telling you it can't keep warm enough to keep you awake. Why do you think people who are stranded in extreme cold temperatures sleep on and off? If they aren't careful they can doze off and never wake up because hypothermia sets in while they are asleep.

That's supposedly your body telling you it can't keep warm enough to keep you awake. Why do you think people who are stranded in extreme cold temperatures sleep on and off? If they aren't careful they can doze off and never wake up because hypothermia sets in while they are asleep.

Yeah, but she said the room was freezing and they were all cold. That is why they huddled together.

As I said this entire thread is just weird. How can 17 students huddled together in a classroom that's well ventilated yet cold all fall asleep watching videos on someone's phone? It doesn't make sense.

Back