Bluetooth to DAI (hearing aid boots)

mrk08

Reaction score
TL;DR: Replacing my iCom with a Bluetooth device and a DAI-to-3.5mm cord for clearer audio for both myself and whoever I'm speaking to on the phone.
---

I'm trying to connect this Bluetooth receiver/transmitter:

41xwFN9wyhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(sold at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DQ1DCM/)

...to a binaural DAI cord that has a 3.5 mm stereo plug (just like the one you see on regular headphones). The binaural DAI cord looks like this:

389984.jpg

(sold at http://bhpho.to/TeZn22).

But that's a bit pricey at ~$75. Cheapest one I've found so far is at http://bit.ly/TeZOcJ but doesn't look like very good quality.

Anyone know of a decent binaural DAI to 3.5 mm cord that I can buy online (preferably under $40)? Any help would be much appreciated.

For those of you who are curious: I am fed up with my iCom's flimsy neckloop cord, which is a huge pain in the neck (no pun intended), as well as its poor signal-to-noise ratio when I am trying to talk to people in noisy environments (the other party can barely hear what I'm saying). My plan is to buy the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DQ1DCM/ (which has a 3.5 mm headphone jack where you can plug in any pair of headphones...earbuds, noise cancelling, etc). I want to plug in a DAI to 3.5 mm cord into the receiver and then hook up the DAI ends to my hearing aid boots so I can get the cleanest audio signal possible without any background noise coming from my HA mics (inherent with the iCom since it's impossible to completely attenuate the mics). I can just clip the receiver to my shirt, close to my mouth, and that would solve the SNR issue.

Last edited:
TL;DR: Replacing my iCom with a Bluetooth
Anyone know of a decent binaural DAI to 3.5 mm cord that I can buy online (preferably under $40)? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hearing Loss Co is out of business.

Your choices are the imported Sennheiser DAI cable via B&H Photo which is attenuated, an imported DAI cable from Connevans/Oaktree which can be unattenuated or attenuated, or the Hearing Buddy which I'm unclear about on the attenuation or not.

You should also inquire with an audiologist about purchasing an Oticon DAI cable as they are unattenutated by default and may be a lot cheaper than the imports.

TL;DR: Replacing my iCom with a Bluetooth device and a DAI-to-3.5mm cord for clearer audio for both myself and whoever I'm speaking to on the phone.
---

I'm trying to connect this Bluetooth receiver/transmitter:

41xwFN9wyhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(sold at Amazon)

...to a binaural DAI cord that has a 3.5 mm stereo plug (just like the one you see on regular headphones). The binaural DAI cord looks like this:

389984.jpg

(sold at Sennheiser HZL36-6E - Binaural Direct Audio Input Cable HZL36-6E).

But that's a bit pricey at ~$75. Cheapest one I've found so far is at The Hearing Loss Help Co. but doesn't look like very good quality.

For those of you who are curious: I am fed up with my iCom's flimsy neckloop cord, which is a huge pain in the neck (no pun intended), as well as its poor signal-to-noise ratio when I am trying to talk to people in noisy environments (the other party can barely hear what I'm saying). My plan is to buy the Bluetooth receiver/transmitter by Sony (which has a 3.5 mm headphone jack where you can plug in any pair of headphones...earbuds, noise cancelling, etc). I want to plug in a DAI to 3.5 mm cord into the receiver and then hook up the DAI ends to my hearing aid boots so I can get the cleanest audio signal possible without any background noise coming from my HA mics (inherent with the iCom since it's impossible to completely attenuate the mics). I can just clip the receiver to my shirt, close to my mouth, and that would solve the SNR issue.

Doing this would work. I was recommend this way altho I never tried it :)

You can get the cords from Deaf Equipment UK, they ship around the world.

Back